Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182
Results 1,811 to 1,812 of 1812

Thread: Character Elimination [2017]

Quote Originally Posted by wonder-inc View Post
    I think for next year there should not be a Special move at all. Its unbalanced and turns the game into a waiting game and those with a faster internet connection win.

I also think the character points should either start higher or have a more limited amount of points for subtraction and addition.

I will praise the 1 hour limit though it avoids turning the game into a spam post. (Even though I think it should be 2 hours)

Also yay I got a record for the most eliminations in a row!

Also I have a suggestion for next year. Creating multiple awards by the end of the game (You can make it for this one too) E.g Who got the highest number of characters eliminated. Most active user.

Finally I liked the commentary box from the 2016 edition.
    I agree regarding the Special move and points.

Quote Originally Posted by SunMerc View Post
    I still think the special move was poorly designed and could have seen some improvements.
    The Special Move idea came from those life monitors in the Sonic games. Yeah I agree with you on that. I did not think of all the potential problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder-inc View Post
    I think for next year there should not be a Special move at all. Its unbalanced and turns the game into a waiting game and those with a faster internet connection win.

I also think the character points should either start higher or have a more limited amount of points for subtraction and addition.

I will praise the 1 hour limit though it avoids turning the game into a spam post. (Even though I think it should be 2 hours)

Also yay I got a record for the most eliminations in a row!

Also I have a suggestion for next year. Creating multiple awards by the end of the game (You can make it for this one too) E.g Who got the highest number of characters eliminated. Most active user.

Finally I liked the commentary box from the 2016 edition.
    I agree with the Special Move part. However I strongly disagree with the increasing the characters starting points and lowering the points that can be used because it would slow the game down. Last year it was 3 points and it took 34 direct hits to take out a character versus only 20 which is much more nicer. And if you add in 2 hour time limit, you are looking at a game that will probably last 9 months instead of 2-3 months.

I actually thought about doing an award system but I wanted to not overwhelm myself and only keep it simple. Also the commentary box seems doable. However the more you add, the harder it becomes to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by SunMerc View Post
    Maybe I'll make the thing next year. I have an idea for the special move that doesn't require waiting for somebody to post or creating a significant advantage.
    That would be interesting because then you get to check lots of posts for errors or rule violations and loopholes etc. Yeah I definitely will try to come up with something better and do testing with it first to make sure it flows nicely.
    Always Bet On Tails!

Sig pic by Speendlex.

Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182