View Poll Results: Do u still love Sonamy?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still love it!!!!!!!!!

10 71.43%
  • Not interested anymore

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still love this couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Toni the Mink View Post
    We need a "I'm neutral this this couple" option.

I neither love nor am uninterested in Sonamy.
    I didn't even think of that. Now I can't edit my poll!

Senior Member Rocketeer Raccoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryAlmonds View Post
    Why do you like SonIona exactly? I'm intrigued.

btw: Yes, I still love this couple and I doubt I will ever stop. I love it for many reasons. #ITWASMYOTPBEFOREIKNEWWHATOTPSWERE
    First of all what is with the hidden message?

Well for why I love Soniona (Sonic x Fiona) is an interesting story, you see I was originally a Sonally fan myself as I used to be a fan of Sonic SatAM but then something changed my mind of how I view those things. SatAM is still a good show but I don't like it as much like I used to as a kid and I just find Sonally to be very strange now even in the Archie comics, it just feels forced, it's an ok pairing but I just don't love it anymore. Don't get me wrong I still like Sally as a character but I just think Sonic and Sally don't really blend well together as a couple, even with Sally's newer design, this pairing just doesn't click with me like it used to.

It was then I needed a ship replacement for Sonic because I've loved Sonic ever since I played the original game on the Sega Mega Drive, Sonic was a big part of my childhood and I feel like he deserves a cool beautiful girlfriend, not something tomboyish like Sally.

I was definitely not converting into a SonAmy, Amy is not cool, to me she is an annoying character who obsesses over Sonic and I don't see why everyone likes her so much to be shipped with Sonic so obviously I don't want to be a part of the most popular ship, in my opinion Sonic and Amy are just friends. At one point I had a test run with Sonouge, now Rouge is a very sexy looking character that's quite cool herself and I thought I was all set. But then one day I started to know more about Fiona Fox and her tragic backstory, all a sudden I just fell in love with the character, (the good version of her anyway) she just looked so cute and cool, I love her hairstyle, the hair bow, her tail and the orange and white leotard suit she wears which is very sexy by the way, I really like Fiona a lot more than Rouge, Rouge I then figured is a better fit with Knuckles anyway to which I now love Knouge as well. When I first saw Fiona for the first time about 10 years ago for a preview of issue 160, I was thinking to myself "Wow, Sonic's got a new girlfriend, I wasn't expecting that." and nowadays I just think "Aww, she's perfect." ^_^

To put it simply I think Soniona is really cute and although it's a rare ship but I think it deserves a place among other Sonic ships.

My Deviant Art group which supports this paring only has 32 members including myself which is what I mean by it being rare. But despite that, it just feels right to me, I feel like I'm right at home with this ship. I want this to go further and I think writing a fan fiction series and then hopefully find an artist to make it into a comic would be the way to go if I want more people to support it.

If you really like something, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer Raccoon View Post

Well for why I love Soniona (Sonic x Fiona) is an interesting story, you see I was originally a Sonally fan myself as I used to be a fan of Sonic SatAM but then something changed my mind of how I view those things. SatAM is still a good show but I don't like it as much like I used to as a kid and I just find Sonally to be very strange now even in the Archie comics, it just feels forced, it's an ok pairing but I just don't love it anymore. Don't get me wrong I still like Sally as a character but I just think Sonic and Sally don't really blend well together as a couple, even with Sally's newer design, this pairing just doesn't click with me like it used to.

It was then I needed a ship replacement for Sonic because I've loved Sonic ever since I played the original game on the Sega Mega Drive, Sonic was a big part of my childhood and I feel like he deserves a cool beautiful girlfriend, not something tomboyish like Sally.

I was definitely not converting into a SonAmy, Amy is not cool, to me she is an annoying character who obsesses over Sonic and I don't see why everyone likes her so much to be shipped with Sonic so obviously I don't want to be a part of the most popular ship, in my opinion Sonic and Amy are just friends. At one point I had a test run with Sonouge, now Rouge is a very sexy looking character that's quite cool herself and I thought I was all set. But then one day I started to know more about Fiona Fox and her tragic backstory, all a sudden I just fell in love with the character, (the good version of her anyway) she just looked so cute and cool, I love her hairstyle, the hair bow, her tail and the orange and white leotard suit she wears which is very sexy by the way, I really like Fiona a lot more than Rouge, Rouge I then figured is a better fit with Knuckles anyway to which I now love Knouge as well. When I first saw Fiona for the first time about 10 years ago for a preview of issue 160, I was thinking to myself "Wow, Sonic's got a new girlfriend, I wasn't expecting that." and nowadays I just think "Aww, she's perfect." ^_^

To put it simply I think Soniona is really cute and although it's a rare ship but I think it deserves a place among other Sonic ships.

My Deviant Art group which supports this paring only has 32 members including myself which is what I mean by it being rare. But despite that, it just feels right to me, I feel like I'm right at home with this ship. I want this to go further and I think writing a fan fiction series and then hopefully find an artist to make it into a comic would be the way to go if I want more people to support it.
    So basically you ship these characters because of your own attachement to Fiona and use Sonic as a self-insert?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Still love it! and something that I what to see more of in Sonic Boom!

Peach / Girl Bomber: Tackle with a hip attack, but try not to miss.
    Twilight Sparkle: Sorry, I've been a little skiddley-boppy-boo.
    Sig made by Speendlex.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post
    So basically you ship these characters because of your own attachement to Fiona and use Sonic as a self-insert?
    I wouldn't put it entirely that way but it's more half and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer Raccoon View Post

To let you know, I am OK with Sonic X Fiona.

Well I honestly think Sonic X Fiona deserves more love than it currently has.

I did the hidden message to answer the OP's question, but it wasn't relevant to what I was asking so-- It was either that or it's just me and my gimmick.

That's nice. Though I don't agree with the SonAmy half nor Amy's half, but that's how you interpret her character. I also wouldn't ship anyone with Sonic because they are cool or beautiful nor how they appeal to me. Probably because of the interactions and personality meshes. This is why I ship SonAmy. Because how alike they are, the abnormal yet fitting dynamics they obtain, and I like how their relationship plays. It brings out the childish and vibrant aspects of both characters for me. Also the fact that it wouldn't tie anyone down, nor need anyone to ignore development or warp the characters in itself in order for it to fit.

WhichtheytendtodoforSonAllyontheflipsideandotherfa nnonunrealisticcrackpairings.

I like Amy because unlike other characters, she started from meek and modest roots, and firstly was a plot device/damsel. Let's not forget, it's rather impressive enough for a 12 year old to live presumingly on her own and shopping/having groceries.

Then she taken a step up a notch when she declared that no, she didn't want to settle for the monotone life, but a life of pursuing freedom and her goals. Unlike most female main characters, she progressed and transitioned from unlikely, realistic beginnings and was inspired by relatable and understandable things. This seems more appealing to me then instead immediately taking role as a lead, just there as his friend from 'x' time, bad , a princess, or automatically important to the main character and his/her story/love life.

This made me have respect for her.
    Last edited by IvoryAlmonds; 04-02-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    Let me tell you an interesting story about me.

There once was a sandwich on the counter. I then ate it. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni the Mink View Post
    We need a "I'm neutral this this couple" option.

I neither love nor am uninterested in Sonamy.
    This cause I don't care. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12