Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's talk about the elephant in the room...

How about they take a cue from the N3DS and make some games exclusive to the Scorpio? Hell, Sony should also take a cue from Microsoft and make some games exclusive to the Pro?

Note: I originally was against this idea, but now I say " it." Let the nerds rage, the chaos fly, and the popcorn come to me. I'm wanting this for the lulz.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    I'd say on a 65 to 80" tv the difference between 4k and 1080p is highly noticable but, I'd say at 1440p vs 4k its pretty hard to tell honestly. Especially if you can actually manage to get some aa on the 1440p imagine.
    The reality is, the average person will have a 50" TV and will be sitting 6 feet from it and that until LCD's are replaced by OLED at an affordable level we have TV's that lose a decent chunk to significant amount of their resolution detail when motion is on screen. And yes agreed, combine this with modern post processing in games from film grain to Temporal AA creating a softer more filmic look often blurs the lines between such resolutions between 1440p and 4K. it is not hard to see that it will be at least another few years before pure uncompromising 4KTV's are at mainstream prices and by then PC's will have long been able to do it at 60 FPS and a new generation of consoles might be only a year or two out.

PS4 Pro is fully taking advantage of these facts to reduce the gap between it and true 4K achieved on high end PC's and it will probably still hold up well even when 4KTV's have matured and OLED is widespread.

This is why if Microsoft only pushes native 4K (which Scorpio might not be able to do always) as their main selling point they could run into the same problems PS4 Pro started out with but much worse because they might not be able to offer that same low price and they don't have the kind of marketshare PS4 has right now.

They really need to do more, they need to offer more to 1080p users with Scorpio, going above and beyond what Sony has done so far... and that would be ideal if they were able to change out the CPU but that is a pipe dream but they can still try harder to push for enhanced 1080p support.

They really need to double down on securing exclusives too. The cross platform agenda with PC is nice for gamers but it really does devalue the need to purchase the console. Does MS not care like they say they do or is that just PR?
    Last edited by MrFranklin; 03-16-2017 at 12:57 PM.

MrFranklin "UltraHD Brotherhood" Grandmaster
    In celebration of fourth generation 3D graphics
    and the coming of Pro consoles.
    Join us.

Scorpio is going to tank whatever happens. Another xflop in the making no doubt. Just accept you lost this generation and focus on a new console in 2019/2020 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicXAT View Post
    Scorpio is going to tank whatever happens. Another xflop in the making no doubt. Just accept you lost this generation and focus on a new console in 2019/2020 instead.
    Loll.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Quote Originally Posted by SonicXAT View Post
    Ionno is second place a flop? 20ish million is what most consoles sell in a generation unless they're number one. I'd say a flop is selling like the saturn, wii u or dreamcast did. Around 10 to 13 million.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12