Yeah, I know what you mean. I just love the equipment itself, though. And from all over the Zelda timeline too.

Apparently, evidence points to BOTW as being a convergence of the previously three-way split timeline. In other words, the timeline that split into three becomes a unified timeline again as BOTW is said to take place in the distant future of every Zelda game made so far according to one of the lead developers. (That automatically puts it at the very end regardless of where it would actually fall)

I mean, don't ask me how that would happen (especially since the Downfall timeline is set in its own AU separate from the other two), but it does make the most sense when you consider that references to all three of the timelines exist when absolutely none of the three could exist at the same time. There are examples of elements from one that exist in none of the others, yet multiple elements are mentioned/referenced that are unique to each of the three.

But you know what? It doesn't really matter. XD

I mean, it's always fun to talk about..at least it is for me. But it doesn't really matter where it goes (though a producer confirmed it's set way after every Zelda released to date, so there is that) so much as it matters that it's a fantastic game and adventure.

Speaking of which, I beat all of the Shrines and finally decided to tackle Ganon. The final form was a little on the easy side, but Calamity Ganon was a fun first phase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I disliked Dark Beast Ganon.

I'm so happy that I took the steps to get the game's golden ending. It was so worth it.

Now just because I beat the final boss and saw the end of the story doesn't mean I'm done with BOTW. There's still DLC content and plenty of sidequests I still need to accomplish. Yeah, there was no way I was gonna hold off going through Hyrule Castle and fighting Ganon until I beat every single sidequest. I'd be waiting to fight the final boss forever despite being more than prepared.

I even got the Hylian Shield during said infiltration towards fighting Calamity Ganon. I don't know why I waited so long to go after it. ^____^