Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Breath of The Wild Thread!

You could also fire an arrow into the Guardian's eye. Like in every Zelda game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    You could also fire an arrow into the Guardian's eye. Like in every Zelda game.
    An Ancient Arrow in the eye will especially kill it.n Also, Guardians are the only foes to drop anything after you hit it with an ancient arrow.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

why even waste arrows on guardians

Queen of the SEGA Forum
    YouTube|Tumblr|WebM Script

It's the fastest and easiest way to do it. Partying the shots doesn't use any resources, but it takes 3 shots to kill a walking Guardian, and you still have to time it right.

Ancient arrows are just easier if you want one out of your way quick.
    11/20/11

Sounds like I need to get me some ancient arrows. :P

Though I'd also appreciate advice for mini-bosses. Stone Talus's are murder since I've long lost my Iron Sledgehammer while mining.

Haven't challenged any Hinox's yet, so I don't know how challenging they are and the one Lynel I tried to face directly just completely destroyed me.

Advice? ^___^'''

On that note, though, I appreciate the presence of overworld bosses. It adds to the already-adventurous dynamic of exploring the Kingdom of Hyrule. I'm more grateful than ever that I'll get to continue to explore it after finishing the main game when the DLC story comes out this Holiday. (And the amount of work that went into creating this Hyrule and not wanting to limit the product of all that work to the main story of a single game is the cited reason for the story DLC)

Finished my first "beast" dungeon, (well, almost; got to the boss) which I found quite challenging; several of the puzzles I had to consult a walkthrough to figure out. I'm hoping that I'll be brushed up enough to beat the next 2 with as little help as possible.

Senior Member UnknownDarkness??'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
    I don't really like how this game messes with my Zeldatuition. Like the big laser robot things remind me of the eye laser things in OOT, so I figured I needed a bomb, but instead I just need to paralyze it or fire the laser right back at it. I also don't like how weapons are temporary.
    Beamos?
    YouTube Channel is U.D Playthroughs.
    I update gameplay content regularly so check it out.
    Currently recording Ape Escape 3 & Donkey Kong 64 on the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario_Sonic_Megaman View Post
    Sounds like I need to get me some ancient arrows. :P

Though I'd also appreciate advice for mini-bosses. Stone Talus's are murder since I've long lost my Iron Sledgehammer while mining.

Haven't challenged any Hinox's yet, so I don't know how challenging they are and the one Lynel I tried to face directly just completely destroyed me.

Advice? ^___^'''

On that note, though, I appreciate the presence of overworld bosses. It adds to the already-adventurous dynamic of exploring the Kingdom of Hyrule. I'm more grateful than ever that I'll get to continue to explore it after finishing the main game when the DLC story comes out this Holiday. (And the amount of work that went into creating this Hyrule and not wanting to limit the product of all that work to the main story of a single game is the cited reason for the story DLC)
    Stone Taluses, They vary in appearance and have the ore attached to their body, climb on them and whack the ore until it's no more but be careful because it'll shake you off, Igneo's required an Ice arrow to cool them off then climb on him and wail at the pale rock on him with a strong weapon, Frost exactly the same except with Fire arrows.

Lynels, Dodge at the last second and counter him with flurry rush, you can mount him when his back is turned to have a few whacks at him also don't be afraid to parry him to drop his guard if you do this you should have no problem with these, the stronger ones just hit harder aand have more HP, the most being a Silver Maned Lynel.

Hinox's, Shoot him in the eye, he'll keel and then now's your chance to slash at him after that he'll get back up after he reaches close to death he'll cover his eye defeating his weak spot.

Last edited by UnknownDarkness??; 03-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownDarkness?? View Post
    Stone Taluses, They vary in appearance and have the ore attached to their body, climb on them and whack the ore until it's no more but be careful because it'll shake you off, Igneo's required an Ice arrow to cool them off then climb on him and wail at the pale rock on him with a strong weapon, Frost exactly the same except with Fire arrows.

Lynels, Dodge at the last second and counter him with flurry rush, you can mount him when his back is turned to have a few whacks at him also don't be afraid to parry him to drop his guard if you do this you should have no problem with these, the stronger ones just hit harder aand have more HP, the most being a Silver Maned Lynel.

Hinox's, Shoot him in the eye, he'll keel and then now's your chance to slash at him after that he'll get back up after he reaches close to death he'll cover his eye defeating his weak spot.

The first time I took on a Hinox, I decided to just drop remote bombs near him just for the heck of it. It didn't take long for tall, dark and creepy to fall like a sack of meat.

Edit: Vah Rudania has been conquered. The path to get to him was actually easy. Just keep Yunobo tucked away and take out the sentries. HAving Ancient Arrows really helps out, but don't be afraid to use the environment to your advantage(Ex: The Metal Blocks and doors can be used with the Magnesis Rune to one shot them as well).

The Fireblight Ganon fight was a breeze since I had one too many Ice Arrows to cool his jets. When he goes into his fire shield and starts sucking up to create a giant bomb, throw a bomb of your owns into his face. Then detonate to ground him.
    Last edited by Black_Diamond; 03-20-2017 at 08:44 PM.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

I just Parried his slow predictable fireball attack and broke his forcefield.

Went on a guardian massacre after the they put me through, defeating guardians one to three parries at a time.
    Last edited by UnknownDarkness??; 03-21-2017 at 06:53 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast