Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Knuckles, Amy, The Chaotix appear as NPCS but are NOT playable in Forces

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post
    On top, I feel they had no other choice after the mixed reception of SLW's new gameplay and RoL's disaster (though that one is entirely on the people who thought there was a need of a "westernized" Sonic). Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes they were about to start doing all over again after Generations.

As for the characters being NPC's, it should not be a surprise in this style since it's mostly one that focuses on Sonic's abilities. But hey, at least they are going to be a bit more involved than in Generations where that were just cheerleading. Frankly I would not mind if the home console titles remained with just Sonic while future Genesis styled games are where the other characters can be used (and not just Tails and Knuckles) as that's the one game style that I believe is flexible enough to accomodate them with relative ease.
    But wouldn't that mean Blaze, Shadow, Silver, the Chaotix (Knuckles' Chaotix is pretty much retconned now) ect... won't be playable ever again? Hell, even Amy doesn't seem to have a chance!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994 View Post
    God, even in positive air, you're all so depressing.
    Missed opportunities are the foundation of this franchise. The benefits of changes that add more IMO outweigh the reasons to not to.
    Every conversation is a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
    But wouldn't that mean Blaze, Shadow, Silver, the Chaotix (Knuckles' Chaotix is pretty much retconned now) ect... won't be playable ever again? Hell, even Amy doesn't seem to have a chance!
    Genesis styled games are not exclusive to the classic era. There were already three made in the early 2000's, with the first being surprisingly close in pretty much all major aspects of gameplay. I think they could continue to add other characters, but the catch is that they also have to really bring new things to differientate enough from each other or else you risk saturating the cast with characters that feel too similar/redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Don't bother guys like SMS don't want any effort put in their games. Because apparently it's a crime wanting more from the games after a decade of the same thing.
    <a href=http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=154241&type=sigpic&dateline=1343932484 target=_blank>http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=1...ine=1343932484</a>

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles20 View Post
    Don't bother guys like SMS don't want any effort put in their games. Because apparently it's a crime wanting more from the games after a decade of the same thing.
    That's a good joke. You have me in stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by knuckles20 View Post
    You seem to have a problem with others having a preference to quality gameplay.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

I always found it amusing when people try to attack me rather than my opinions. : 3c

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post
    Genesis styled games are not exclusive to the classic era. There were already three made in the early 2000's, with the first being surprisingly close in pretty much all major aspects of gameplay. I think they could continue to add other characters, but the catch is that they also have to really bring new things to differientate enough from each other or else you risk saturating the cast with characters that feel too similar/redundant.
    But even in Sonic Advance, only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Cream were playable... 4/5 of which originated in the classic games and Cream in Sonic Advance 2. It seems to me certain characters are meant for 2D and 3D gameplay, while others are only meant for just 3D gameplay.
    Missed opportunities are the foundation of this franchise. The benefits of changes that add more IMO outweigh the reasons to not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacher View Post
    That's a good joke. You have me in stitches.
    Wanting more out of the games is a joke to you?
    <a href=http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=154241&type=sigpic&dateline=1343932484 target=_blank>http://forums.sega.com/image.php?u=1...ine=1343932484</a>

But even in Sonic Advance, only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Cream were playable... 4/5 of which originated in the classic games and Cream in Sonic Advance 2. It seems to me certain characters are meant for 2D and 3D gameplay, while others are only meant for just 3D gameplay.
    Doubtful. Didn't Sonic Runners, which is a 2D game, have close to every character playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Doubtful. Didn't Sonic Runners, which is a 2D game, have close to every character playable?
    I didn't play the mobile games, because they were pay to win.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast