Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda reviews are rolling in

EA isn't a developer known for releasing especially broken games, though; certainly they're a fan of post-release patches, but their major IP games generally release in better condition than this.

Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    EA isn't a developer known for releasing especially broken games, though; certainly they're a fan of post-release patches, but their major IP games generally release in better condition than this.
    Which exactly what happened.

So ME Andromeda got a new patch. In this new patch, they tried to fix some of the "souless" look of the characters in some conversations, as well they made Sarah Ryder less derpy, so I heard. And bugs got fixed too.... most of them.

I suppose we won't be getting a "Plot Patch" anytime soon?

After looking at Angry Joe review, I believe that ME Andromeda HAS a good foundation. While the writting is bad, the elements for a good new trilogy are there. They just need to make Ryder more cool and well written like Shepard and make the plot seem bigger in scope.

Hopefully they fix it by ME Andromeda 2. We know no matter the Metacritic, it's coming.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.

Which exactly what happened.

So ME Andromeda got a new patch. In this new patch, they tried to fix some of the "souless" look of the characters in some conversations, as well they made Sarah Ryder less derpy, so I heard. And bugs got fixed too.... most of them.
    A new patch now (3 weeks later) is too little, too late I feel. The damage has already been dealt critically, and most fans of the series have likely already purchased the game by this point, and their word of mouth doesn't seem to have been positive either. So I mean seems like the damage has been done....video games usually do most of their business when they launch, so unless EA plans to re-launch the game's marketing campaign, I'm not sure how it can recover from this start.

Like I said though, EA's games aren't usually this buggy at launch; had the company delayed the game for apparently just a month, they would have released it in far better technical shape, and while the reviews and opinions for it likely still wouldn't have been up to the standard of the original trilogy, it at least wouldn't have had the matter of severe technical issues weighing it down.

Hopefully they fix it by ME Andromeda 2. We know no matter the Metacritic, it's coming.
    Ehh, I dunno man. These types of games require a fairly large amount of units sold to make a profit, and EA hasn't been above killing off popular series' that have failed to be profitable. Or, its budget may be cut, if it happens. It's fairly rare for franchise revivals that fail to continue on. Not saying that it won't, but it's definitely a concern.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 04-11-2017 at 03:18 AM.

We already have the sales numbers out?
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeFromRush View Post
    We already have the sales numbers out?
    Well, no, but between the incredibly negative reception and the fact that the game has already apparently fallen to #45 on Amazon.com's PS4 top-selling games list, (23 on Xbox One) it's not hard to get a picture that the game mayyyyyyyy not be having a debut on par with its predecessors.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 04-12-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Eh if that happens, I don't mind.

Like I said, we still have the original trilogy, although I won't mind if they try a sequel to see if the series is doomed or not. I believe Andromeda setting is GOOD, it just got a poor execution.

Uh oh, game's $40 at Gamestop already, lol.

It's just for this week though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123