Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda reviews are rolling in

Quote Originally Posted by MrFranklin View Post
    It is disappointing to see that the only thing that seems to have evolved is the combat. Especially with it using Frostbite. I think this is a case of splitting Bioware into Team A, B, C so they can mass produce IP's for EA. The ambition of the project overwhelmed them.
    Yeah it's too bad because the combat looks awesome. But man, hearing about bad writing and bland characters is so disappointing, as the characters were such a strong point in the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Yeah it's too bad because the combat looks awesome. But man, hearing about bad writing and bland characters is so disappointing, as the characters were such a strong point in the original Mass Effect trilogy.
    I have watched enough of the game on Youtube to know that I don't have an issue with the characters or dialog. The animation in static conversations especially can look really last gen though and is sometimes a step back from the original ME trilogy. You can tell with some scenes that are better animated that a team came in to fix as much as they could.

MrFranklin "UltraHD Brotherhood" Grandmaster
    In celebration of fourth generation 3D graphics
    and the coming of Pro consoles.
    Join us.

That said, I don't want to see you ever defending a Nintendo game (for example) that receives a 75 Metascore in the future, lol.
    I'm typically not hyping big games into the stratosphere, so not sure why it would be a problem for me to defend something on the Nintendo software side of things, or more importantly, how they're even relevant here in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    I'm typically not hyping big games into the stratosphere, so not sure why it would be a problem for me to defend something on the Nintendo software side of things, or more importantly, how they're even relevant here in the first place.
    I'm not sure how you define "hyping big games into the stratosphere," lol, as I don't believe I've made a single topic devoted to the game, nor have I participated in any sort of major discussion related to it.

Did I say on here that I wished this game (and others like it) would come to the Switch? Absolutely. But I don't remember hyping this game up in any other context.

or more importantly, how they're even relevant here in the first place.
    Well you're calling me out in your post as if a 75 Metacritic score is a terrible score and as if I'm the game's official spokesperson, lol. I'm just hoping you make similar topics when games you're looking forward to score a 75%.

As I said though, a 75% for this game is certainly disappointing, but I still think it should have come to the Switch, and frankly it's a higher score than much of the Switch’s launch lineup. =p
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 03-20-2017 at 04:34 PM.

I'm not sure how you define "hyping big games into the stratosphere," lol, as I don't believe I've made a single topic devoted to the game, nor have I participated in any sort of major discussion related to it.

Did I say on here that I wished this game (and others like it) would come to the Switch? Absolutely. But I don't remember hyping this game up in any other context.

Well you're calling me out in your post as if a 75 Metacritic score is a terrible score and as if I'm the game's official spokesperson, lol. I'm just hoping you make similar topics when games you're looking forward to score a 75%.

As I said though, a 75% for this game is certainly disappointing, but I still think it should have come to the Switch, and frankly it's a higher score than much of the Switch’s launch lineup. =p
    It's much higher than Star Fox Zero's score, and if I recall correctly, that game was defended as a good game by Nintendo fans, and it wasn't even April Fool's Day!
    #1 Final Fantasy character | #1 Nintendo fan | #1 music artist
    "I'm the coolest." óMe
    Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1691-6470-6620

Quote Originally Posted by FFxArianaGrande View Post
    It's much higher than Star Fox Zero's score, and if I recall correctly, that game was defended as a good game by Nintendo fans, and it wasn't even April Fool's Day!
    Star Fox Zero would be a good game if they'd of just removed all the lame control issues. Its a good game hampered by awful controls. Just like im sure if me:a removed the god awful faces and animation is wouldnt be getting as much flack. Its very technically flawed.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Watched some videos, god the animation looks like a early PS3 game lol
    http://savegameonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ps4logo.jpg
    Oxvial ''UltraHD Brotherhood''
    In celebration of the PS4 and fourth generation 3D graphics.
    Join us.

Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam

Well, as a ME fan, I still have the original Trilogy to play.

Andromeda is a game that I don't asked for as a fan. As much I disliked the ending of 3, at least I can give to it that it had closure, and nothing more could be done beyond that.

There is MANY, MANY franchises I still wait for a sequel (cough cough, Metroid, after Fusion), but Mass Effect was sure not one of them.

But even if the sequel arrived, it's sad that Biowere got lazy with was once the product they where most known for, and most acclaimed for, and they put their love over the course of 3 fantastic games. I'm not saying this as an expression, it's really saddening to me.

Hopefully they stop monkeying around and start to threat this franchise with the respect it deserve.
    Last edited by BlazeFromRush; 03-27-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.

Gunpowder gelatine dynamite with a laser beam

EA sure love to suck the life of good studios, and demolish them after they sucked every bit of life energy from there.

Never forget Pandemic. Never forget Visceral. Never forget Maxis.
    I am actually a very nice person. If you have a problem with a post of mine, or my attitude, send me a PM.
    Ps: It's not because I don't agree with you that I'm not nice.

Metacritic's now at a 71 by the way, lol.

It's crazy that such a high profile game was allowed to release in such a poor technical state. Even if it's patched, the amount of sales damage and brand damage done by these low review scores, due, in pretty large part, to technical glitches, must be so huge that I don't understand how it could be worth having chosen not to delay the game.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 04-07-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast