Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Yakuza Locations Tour 2016

Yakuza『龍が如く』Locations Tour 2016 - Episode 39 is live!

In this episode, Noah visits the Hotel District (ホテル街) in Kabukicho, Tokyo. There are lots of Love Hotels in the area.

You will also see the evolution of how the Hotel District is represented in the entire Yakuza (龍が如く) saga.
    Interview with Video Game composer/ Co Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, *NEW* Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Locations Tour 2016 (Uploaded weekly), Weekly Video Game Music on the Radio & many more on:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheElecPlay92

Yakuza『龍が如く』Locations Tour 2016 - Episode 40 is live!

In this episode, Noah visits a back alley located on the East side of Kabukicho, Tokyo. This is exactly where the Divine Dragon tattoo parlor (龍神会館) is located in the Yakuza (龍が如く) games.

Having received a clue to Mizuki’s disappearance, Kiryu visits Master Utabori’s Divine Dragon tattoo parlor to learn more about Mizuki’s “Uta” tattoo. We learn that Utabori was the master tattoo artist who inked the backs of Kiryu and Nishikiyama when they swore an oath to the yakuza long ago.

For the first time, I’ve incorporated a ‘Side-by-Side’ comparison of the original Yakuza and the remake, Yakuza Kiwami to give viewers a better look at the amazing graphical fidelity seen in the remake. I also took the liberty of translating the dialogue.
    Interview with Video Game composer/ Co Creator of Video Games Live Tommy Tallarico, *NEW* Yakuza (Ryu Ga Gotoku) Locations Tour 2016 (Uploaded weekly), Weekly Video Game Music on the Radio & many more on:

Yakuza『龍が如く』Locations Tour 2016 - Episode 41 is live!

In this episode, Noah visits Universal City, a restaurant/pachinko place located in Theater Ave of Kabukicho, Tokyo. This is exactly where the zombified Hayashi of the Omi Alliance annihilates the Tojo Clan members in the opening of Yakuza Dead Souls (龍が如く OF THE END).

Yakuza Dead Souls was the third spin-off title in the Yakuza series that marked ‘THE END’ of the game/graphics engine used since Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan.

Instead of utilizing hand-to-hand combat, Yakuza Dead Souls featured an all new third-person action shooter mechanic virtually changing the gameplay seen in previous titles. Hordes of zombies infest the streets of Kamurocho and it is up to the four protagonists to put an end to the chaos.

Although fans consider Dead Souls to be the black-sheep of the series, I found the game very enjoyable. I loved the endless hours of exploring a destroyed Kamurocho, killing off hordes of zombies in my path, saving hostages and re-learning the intuitive controls.

There were lots of memorable scenes in the game. Who could forget the chapter where Kiryu controls a tank to get to the Millennium Tower or the scene where Majima uses his shotgun as a baseball bat to taunt and attack a mutant? You could tell the developers had a lot of fun with this title.

I personally felt Yakuza Dead Souls was a beta to Binary Domain since both games have some similarities in terms of controls and mechanics.
    Last edited by Yakuza_Ark92; 08-12-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Yakuza『龍が如く』Locations Tour 2016 - Episode 42 is live!

In this episode, Noah talks about the Nightlife Spots of the Yakuza (龍が如く) games: Billiards (ビリヤード) , Darts (ダーツ), Golf (ゴルフ), and Table Tennis (卓球).

Located on Theater Square in Kabukicho, BAGUS (バグース) offers visitors a stylish and modern spot where you can drink and play some billiards, darts, simulation golf and table tennis.

According to the official BAGUS website, BAGUS provides a sophisticated adult entertainment space offering hospitality and the highest quality of services for all customers.

This episode contains a montage of the nightlife mini-games the Yakuza series has to offer.

For more information about BAGUS visit the official website here: www.bagus-99.com/

I visited this establishment in 2012 with some of my high school Japanese buddies and we had a blast playing billiards. The interior from what I remember, looks similar to Okinawa's Aqua Sky Bar in Yakuza 3.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456