Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A detention for being tardy?

Default A detention for being tardy?

Yeah, today I got called to the office and they gave me a detention because I was late to class 5 times. Man, it's not the fact that I got a detention that is ticking me off. It's not like I'll be missing anything...well except the snowstorm we'll be getting. But it is the fact that the school has to give me detentions for being less than a minute late to class. I swear, I've walked in the door while the bell rings and I will be marked tardy. I've walked in the door 5 seconds after the bell rings, and been marked tardy. Man, I feel like school is so...out of it. It's not the real world.

Seriously, we are FORCED to go outside at lunch time. We come inside when the bell rings. My school gives us 3 minutes between classes. The floors are slippery, the halls are crowded with kids, and on top of that, my locker is pretty far away from the classroom I need to get to. I can make it sometimes if I am lucky, but most of the time I will walk in the room just seconds after the bell rings. I find it utterly REDICULOUS that I am being punished for such a small "crime". For one, the teacher has not started class. For two, you gotta admit, 3 minutes is quite a small amount of time. For three, it's just unreasonable. I have to give up an hour of my precious life simply for arriving at a class a few seconds after the bell rings? I obviously try my best to get to class on time, and I am a good student, and I don't disturb the class...much. Why would you want to punish me for something like that?

My teacher has stood by the door just to mark kids late seconds after the bell rings. Do teachers get enjoyment out of using their powers as teachers like that? I think that teachers just get a sense of power if they dish out rediculous punishments for students breaking pretty stupid rules. So what? You are 20 years older than me? So you have the right to take an hour of my life away for me not being in your presence at the EXACT moment you ask? Man...I think that all schools should be completely run by computers and technology, or even have people school themselves in their own homes using computer equipment. The goverment should pay for it. How about using the money the government would usually spend on golden toilet seats and people to push the buttons for them on the elevator to buy equipment for SCHOOLS. The U.S. is supposedly the "best" country because the laws usually ensure the life and happiness of people, but really, the government is STUPID. I would usually go on some kind of rant, but it's not the topic right now...

The point is, the schoolin system is inefficient and unjust. I would understand getting a detention for being very late for class repeatedly, but several seconds should not be a big deal. Also, this is my first detention this year. It is obvious I am not a so-called "Troublemaker". It's not like I skip class to do drugs or something. Why punish me?

And yeah, I know, most of the topics I've ever made have been complaints about school
    Plez downt kerekt speling ererz /
    -----------------------------------/

"Time to party!" ~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Banned

That is BS. I get marked late for class because i'm 30 seconds late for this class i have to get to, by walking from the caf to my locker (all the way on the other side of the building) back to the classroom (on the other side of the building) in 3 minutes. its rediculous.

We aren't that strict. However we get a suspension if we are late 5 days in a row.
    (If this post is recent, I must have been REALLY bored to come back here)

Banned

3 minutes?! Thats crazy. My middle school, you get 5 minutes in between classes. Here, in the classes that are tough to get to, carry everything in that class in ure backpack, so you dont have to run to class. Sorry about that though. My english teacher does the same thing.

We aren't allowed to use backpacks, because you could "conceal a weapon" in them...

I could just as easily hide one in a sweatshirt or something.
    Plez downt kerekt speling ererz /
    -----------------------------------/

"Time to party!" ~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Banned

we get i think 7 at our school, but thats because it is big.

Banned

Default Re: A detention for being tardy?

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks1234
    Yeah, today I got called to the office and they gave me a detention because I was late to class 5 times. Man, it's not the fact that I got a detention that is ticking me off. It's not like I'll be missing anything...well except the snowstorm we'll be getting. But it is the fact that the school has to give me detentions for being less than a minute late to class. I swear, I've walked in the door while the bell rings and I will be marked tardy. I've walked in the door 5 seconds after the bell rings, and been marked tardy. Man, I feel like school is so...out of it. It's not the real world.
    Do you go to BJHS? That is exactly the same way my school runs. We used to have 4 minutes before classes, but the new principal (ex-special ed. teacher) cut it to 3 minutes and banned all electronics. We aren't allowed to use lockers anymore because we "carry weapons" in them. Now we have to use heavy backpacks.

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks1234
    We aren't allowed to use backpacks, because you could "conceal a weapon" in them...

I could just as easily hide one in a sweatshirt or something.
    Ouch, american schools must suck. Some have metal detectors too right? We were supposed to have 10 minutes between classes, but I don't think it is. In art we can't have back packs because they get in the way, and my french is outside really far back. However it's niot a 10 minute walk and I still can't getmy coat and bag from my locker before I go and it's on the way. Even when I leave early. We only get like 3-5 minutes too.
    (If this post is recent, I must have been REALLY bored to come back here)

ahhh the joys of big city schools, i skipped math on tuesday and nothing ever happened :P and you can be late tons and all it ever does is get the teachers mad at you , well it depends on the teacher, some dont even get mad!!! XD
    Sailorcancer: OOOO
    Sony reward card
    apply now
    hell yeah!
    Shadi: LOL

HVAC: haha sony rewards card
    ahah
    Shadi: xDDDDD
    HVAC:i got that ad now
    apply now
    hahah
    heck no

Banned

Oh quit whining, people. Geez, no matter what you should be glad you're getting an education. If you don't like it, quit school and see what happens to you 10 years from now.

You're late to class? Get up a little earlier in the mornings so you'll be on time.

You don't have enough time between classes? Don't dilly-dally to class, or stop to talk to friends, run or walk fast.

You can't get to your locker? No problem, I never used a locker a day of highschool.

You think you're being punnished unfairly? You've been late to class 5 times like you said, it doesn't matter if you were late by 5 seconds or 5 minutes, you were late, and rules are rules.

And wow....calling the gov't stupid because the school is punnishing you for being late....I don't know what to say about that. It's just funny, :lol:

Kids.......complaining about the stupidest, most irrelevant things.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast