Page 202 of 290 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2895

Thread: Sega System Speculation thread

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ringedge2010 View Post
    Simple. The 2600 is part of the R600 series GPU chips that were used on Laptops from 2007 to 2009. Since last year the value has cheapened from it's $199-150 starting price point all the way down to about $80 or less. The R600 series itself it's not the highest end GPU series. The 2900 and higher has more budget, faster memory and processing power.

the 2600 HD Pro is incredibly easy to find and is quite cheap by itself on amazon for consumers wanting to use simple HD graphics chip for thier notebooks and PCs. Granted the 2600 HD Pro is inferior to PS3's RSX chip but since it was preceeded by Xenos, it's designed in the exact same arcutecture. Here's an example of what graphics look like on Radeon 2600HD pro using GDDR3 and Shader Model 4.0 with 128 bits and 256MBs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqLZsvlvMw

Pretty cool,huh?
    well **** dude, that's good enough for me. it ****es all over the wii, doesn't it?
    get it? ****es all over the wii?
    Classic Sonic has melted my heart.

I'm afraid your competely mistaken. I mentioned last fall that SEGASammy was considering the option of designing an On-Live like device using RingWide hardware.

Hoax site? You mean FGNonline? Last I checked THEY are still up and running and still updating.
    No, no, no. You said that SEGA was releasing the RingEdge as a home console. You also said that the RingWide was it's arcade counterpart.

And I never said FGNOnline wasn't running, I said they took down the ridiculous article. If SEGA were to get back into hardware, they'd let it be known to everybody, not leave it to some website interview.
    "To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."-Sonic CD.

Quote Originally Posted by DJGREAT View Post
    No, no, no. You said that SEGA was releasing the RingEdge as a home console. You also said that the RingWide was it's arcade counterpart.

And I never said FGNOnline wasn't running, I said they took down the ridiculous article. If SEGA were to get back into hardware, they'd let it be known to everybody, not leave it to some website interview.
    Nobody is focused on or talking about the RingEdge hardware or the fact that SEGASammy may launch a HD console based off of it in a couple of years. We are all talking about the new streaming device using RingWide hardware.

You're flamebaiting, please get back on topic.

Simple. The 2600 is part of the R600 series GPU chips that were used on Laptops from 2007 to 2009. Since last year the value has cheapened from it's $199-150 starting price point all the way down to about $80 or less. The R600 series itself it's not the highest end GPU series. The 2900 and higher has more budget, faster memory and processing power.

the 2600 HD Pro is incredibly easy to find and is quite cheap by itself on amazon for consumers wanting to use simple HD graphics chip for thier notebooks and PCs. Granted the 2600 HD Pro is inferior to PS3's RSX chip but since it was preceeded by Xenos, it's designed in the exact same arcutecture. Here's an example of what graphics look like on Radeon 2600HD pro using GDDR3 and Shader Model 4.0 with 128 bits and 256MBs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqLZsvlvMw

Pretty cool,huh?
    Sounds good. I will have to check the video when I leave work.

Nobody is focused on or talking about the RingEdge hardware or the fact that SEGASammy may launch a HD console based off of it in a couple of years. We are all talking about the new streaming device using RingWide hardware.

Yes, we are talking about RingWide not the Ringedge at the moment. I can't believe the moderators have stayed out of this conversation. Usually they rush right in to POO POO everything.
    "I have a fever and the only prescription is more Dreamcast Games"
    http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
    Sounds good. I will have to check the video when I leave work.

Yes, we are talking about RingWide not the Ringedge at the moment. I can't believe the moderators have stayed out of this conversation. Usually they rush right in to POO POO everything.
    Yeah, blame the moderators who have intel on what goes on at SEGA for POO POO-ing on your fantasies with the reality, which in turn causes you to QQ and disagree with anything sensible.

First of all, the two - RingEdge and RingWide - are arcade boards geniuses.

Second of all: Are you serious? You're actually buying this? I'm sorry, but...do you guys buy EVERYTHING someone tells you? Don't you people have any common sense? Yes, we all like SEGA, but I strongly advise you to keep a good grip on reality.

And why the HELL would SEGA release a console based on Radeon 2600 in a few YEARS when LAPTOPS TODAY are using Radeon 5200s in them?

An HD console based on...Yeah, okay. No matter what, I'll NEVER believe what RingEdge2010 says has he spouted B.S. that we'd have a new SEGA console by this year with old *** patents that were recently filed and horrible factors to back up his claims.

Guess what everyone, SEGA has just announced that they are in the process of a joint-operation with NASA in the creation of a handheld gaming system that is able to create supernovas at the push of a button. It uses a Radeon 2600. FGNOnline's resident Saved By The Bell star Zack Morris has confirmed this. Discuss.
    "To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."-Sonic CD.

well the mods may comment on this soon ... ?
    but in either case this is the most convincing theory/possibility I've heard since ... idk, maybe since that time they were announcing "something huge to blow your mind" at E3 (and it turned out to be matrix online)
    Classic Sonic has melted my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by DJGREAT View Post
    Yeah, blame the moderators who have intel on what goes on at SEGA for POO POO-ing on your fantasies with the reality, which in turn causes you to QQ and disagree with anything sensible.

First of all, the two - RingEdge and RingWide - are arcade boards geniuses.

Second of all: Are you serious? You're actually buying this? I'm sorry, but...do you guys buy EVERYTHING someone tells you? Don't you people have any common sense? Yes, we all like SEGA, but I strongly advise you to keep a good grip on reality.

And why the HELL would SEGA release a console based on Radeon 2600 in a few YEARS when LAPTOPS TODAY are using Radeon 5200s in them?

An HD console based on...Yeah, okay. No matter what, I'll NEVER believe what RingEdge2010 says has he spouted B.S. that we'd have a new SEGA console by this year with old *** patents that were recently filed and horrible factors to back up his claims.

Guess what everyone, SEGA has just announced that they are in the process of a joint-operation with NASA in the creation of a handheld gaming system that is able to create supernovas at the push of a button. It uses a Radeon 2600. FGNOnline's resident Saved By The Bell star Zack Morris has confirmed this. Discuss.
    Why are you calling it a console? It is not a console, it is streaming device/hybrid. Nobody is calling it a console.

The Radeon 2600HD pro chip is being used to compete against the Wii not any next gen consoles.

I'm done with you now. Your digging yourself into a hole of trolling.

Why are you calling it a console? It is not a console, it is streaming device/hybrid. Nobody is calling it a console.

The Radeon 2600HD pro chip is being used to compete against the Wii not any next gen consoles.

I'm done with you now.Your digging yourself into a hole of trolling.
    Hm? Wait, you're telling me this? With your unpromising username and false plethora of posts in this thread of false claims? With your track record, I'm literally laughing right now, lmao.

SEGA's not going back into hardware, no matter what it is, boy . Let that sink in.

Clumsyorchid - In b4 lock Julian's Avatar

Ringedge2010 = banned.

I've actually been over this a few times now, so seeing him coming back with the same story is too much. I actually wasn't reading this thread so heavily because people were behaving themselves, but time and time again it's only one person that seems to be causing a consistent problem. Normally I don't the head on the pike type thing, but this has been ongoing and I'm frankly tired of it.

I'm going to put it in perspective again, even though I do this every few pages. Tsurumi-san interview and discussion there of is great. Posting the specs of, name of, and price of a rumored console as fact with no corroborating evidence is not ok. Period.

To those bummed that this sort of discussion is barred from the official Sega boards, I do apologize, but we want this forum to be based on fact, not fiction.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/

@SEGA does what @Nintendon't

Lol! I wounder what the middle age is here. It sounds like 3, maybe 4. =P

Personally I dont like the onlive approach. Im a collector of Sega games and consoles. My goal is to have everything sega have ever released. even arcade, (like that will ever happen =P) and I want to be able to physically hold my games.

Maybe Im to old-school, but I want to be able to play my games even if the internet is down. But then again, if Sega releasing it I must have it. The curse of a true Sega nerd

Page 202 of 290 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast