Thread: 4/21/17 Forum News & Announcements

Default 4/21/17 Forum News & Announcements

Hi everyone,

Long time no see!

Almost sixteen years ago, I arrived at the SEGA forums (they looked pretty different back then) and created my first account. I was a huge fan of the SEGA Dreamcast, and a game called Phantasy Star Online. As time went on, I stayed active on the boards, and some years later, became a moderator.

Years after that, I took a position at SEGA of America, and still the forums continued to prosper and grow. I learned from great admins like Clumsyorchid (Julian) and Kellie. We moved software. We created new boards and collapsed the old. Staff came and went. But through it all, from then until now, the SEGA boards have remained a constant - and one of the oldest for many of us.

Over the coming months, I wanted to let you all know that some changes will be arriving here on the forums. In the spirit of transparency, I'm still in the process of confirming exactly how wide-reaching and impactful those will be. At the very least, we'll be condensing a large amount of inactive forums and streamlining the boards quite notably. When I have more news in the future, I'll update everyone here.

I'd like you all to know that the entire forum team is doing our very best to ensure these forums can continue to be a place for all of you to share your thoughts, meet fellow fans, and celebrate the franchises and games that mean so much to you.

The biggest thanks go out to the amazing moderator team, who are putting in a huge amount of time and dedication to keep these boards clean and spam-free for all of you. Please be sure to send them your thanks when you can - each and every one of them deserves it, ten times over.

Thank you all very much, and I hope to have more news for you soon.

- Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by RubyEclipse View Post
    Hi everyone,

Long time no see!

Almost sixteen years ago, I arrived at the SEGA forums (they looked pretty different back then) and created my first account. I was a huge fan of the SEGA Dreamcast, and a game called Phantasy Star Online. As time went on, I stayed active on the boards, and some years later, became a moderator.

Years after that, I took a position at SEGA of America, and still the forums continued to prosper and grow. I learned from great admins like Clumsyorchid (Julian) and Kellie. We moved software. We created new boards and collapsed the old. Staff came and went. But through it all, from then until now, the SEGA boards have remained a constant - and one of the oldest for many of us.

Over the coming months, I wanted to let you all know that some changes will be arriving here on the forums. In the spirit of transparency, I'm still in the process of confirming exactly how wide-reaching and impactful those will be. At the very least, we'll be condensing a large amount of inactive forums and streamlining the boards quite notably. When I have more news in the future, I'll update everyone here.

I'd like you all to know that the entire forum team is doing our very best to ensure these forums can continue to be a place for all of you to share your thoughts, meet fellow fans, and celebrate the franchises and games that mean so much to you.

The biggest thanks go out to the amazing moderator team, who are putting in a huge amount of time and dedication to keep these boards clean and spam-free for all of you. Please be sure to send them your thanks when you can - each and every one of them deserves it, ten times over.

- Aaron
    As a lifelong SEGA Fan and longtime SEGA forum user, I Wish to Thank you Aaron and all you guys at SEGA for all you do as well as taking the time to chat to us all here on the forums even in the busiest times, Especially right now ^_^. Cant wait for Mania, Forces and all things Sega coming this year and in the future, Keep up the great work guys!
    Last edited by Sonic Emeralds; 04-22-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Proud member of The Tails Fan Club
    RubyEclipse = SEGA LEGEND

Only 1 reply? I was expecting more. So by "entire forum team" you mean you in the remaining moderators? Comforting as it to hear about your concern the spam bot has been a real problem lately. Eventually something will happen about to that thing, but not before I write my next episode of SFNV about it

Hi everyone,

Long time no see!

- Aaron
    At first I tough you were leaving SEGA (again) and I almost had a heart attack! I really need your memes to keep my life happy (and my Youtube Channel growing). Well, no matter how the forums changes, I just hope it is more welcoming to forging people.

Well anyway Aaron, I hope the changes come to the best. And I want to talk to you more about some products I want to Send to Alex (Kidd) on the product department.
    Subscribe my channel and click on the bell button!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamChaotixBR
    We have comic dubs, gameplay, sonic news, sonic product reviews, old SEGA comercial translations, sonic plushies exploring places, stopmotion animation and a lot more!

Thank you Aaron senpai! Hey, what if we had a "Favorite SEGA character" for our profile? That'd be fun. Oh, and also, I loved meeting you at the 25th AV party! ...Long time no see.
    If the world chooses to become my enemy...

Yarp it's been a long time since I joined as well. However the one thing I'll always remember is the PSO peeps, even if most have jumped ship at this point...

- Aaron
    RubyEclipse, was always jealous of my HUcast Sinow Blue
    "You ever think Einstein, walked around thinking, people are dumb***t's?"

"I dunno.. Probably. It explains why he made that bomb."

We have comic dubs, gameplay, sonic news, sonic product reviews, old SEGA comercial translations, sonic plushies exploring places, stopmotion animation and a lot more!

Hi everyone,

Long time no see!

- Aaron
    Welcome back Aaron! You are always awesome, great work at E3!

Hey Aaron Whenever you have some time, tell people on social media as well on Youtube Stream that they need to come to SEGA forum and have a blast! Meet new friends that share the same taste for Sonic and SEGA stuff!