Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you think of persona 5?

Default what did you think of persona 5?

so i have pretty much not used the internet since the game came out nearly a month ago. every moment of free time i had has been used towards playing the game, and after 130 hours, the journey is finally over. i won't dabble into any story specifics in the event that some have yet to finish the game, i respect that. rather, i will just share general thoughts that i had brewing while playing the game.

-the gameplay is the smoothest and most involving of any persona or atlus jrpg i have ever played, it is without a doubt the game's biggest strength
    -story starts strong, goes through the usual mid game drought that persona has, and picks up again near the end
    -soundtrack is a kind of forgettable to be honest, outside of a few tracks there's nothing i can hum because it all blended together
    -cast is overall better than 4, yusuke is the best
    -social links getting abilities that help you besides fusion bonuses is a welcome addition and great way to flesh out the system
    -the few trips there are suck, i get it wasn't supposed to be as happy happy joy joy like 4, but some feel blatantly unfinished like the september event
    -out of high school girls are romance-able
    -texts suck, and often times nothing of value is said, but rather current events are constantly reiterated and all you can do is pick a lame dialogue choice to throw in; they are also plentiful and half or so could have been removed with no consequence
    -the localization feels very stiff and unedited, i looked this up to see if anyone else had an issue and found a website that points out numerous grammatical and syntax errors, easily the worst persona localization since the original persona
    -extremely grateful for the japanese VA dlc, seriously that was nice of them

overall? i'd give it an 8.5. was it worth the wait? eh, it's up to you depending on what you wanted. it plays immaculately and the cast and plot twists are strong enough to carry it, but 4 golden just felt better in some aspects and was properly edited in english. it's a solid game no doubt and unless danganronpa 3 or mario odyssey are flawless, i would call it the best game of the year. what did you think of the game?

How's the difficulty for a Persona no0b such as myself? I played a bit of P4 but didn't get especially far in it.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

the game is very easy on normal, which i started on. can't even imagine how easy it is on easy. you can change the difficulty at any time if you feel like you need to lower it or raise it. after the first dungeon i just played on hard mode, and there's even a free dlc difficulty called merciless which i will replay the game with whenever i get to that.

Finished the 4th palace so far. Story seems stronger than P4 and even P3, but not sure how long that will last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

muster up some strength because the 5th palace sucks. it gets better though...only to get worse again but eh, they all can't be winners.

Ah well, lmao. Already saw it going downhill from the recent one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    the game is very easy on normal, which i started on. can't even imagine how easy it is on easy. you can change the difficulty at any time if you feel like you need to lower it or raise it. after the first dungeon i just played on hard mode, and there's even a free dlc difficulty called merciless which i will replay the game with whenever i get to that.
    I'd be playing it on Normal.

That's good to know, though. Not that I like my games especially easy, but a game a bit more forgiving than P4 I think I'd have more of a chance of getting through. I'm planning on purchasing the game next week, $$ permitting.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post

That's good to know, though. Not that I like my games especially easy, but a game a bit more forgiving than P4 I think I'd have more of a chance of getting through. I'm planning on purchasing the game next week, $$ permitting.
    You really found p4 hard? I've only played golden and I cant remember the name of the hardest difficutly but I only played it on that. I didnt find anyone challegening except the extra hidden boss, not the true final.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    Ah well, lmao. Already saw it going downhill from the recent one.
    from there on it delves more into the conspiracy side of things but the lead up and outro to the 5th palace as well as its actual design just kinda hurt the overall flow that the previous 4 did a good job at maintaining. i'm sorry, i don't mean to make you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post

you will have a very comfortable time then, enjoy. p4 is pretty easy, but the odd thing about p4 is that the difficulty curve is reversed. the first boss is about endurance and the second boss hits pretty hard which can be hard to survive if you don't have the right defenses or are new to how smt/persona games work, but after that it just gets easier. if that's where you recall getting stuck, try to power past that, as a truly wonderful tale loaded with an easy going cast and drama in the countryside awaits you.

Morgana makes it the best persona game ever

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast