Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you think of persona 5?

How long has it been since you guys played P4? You don't get a full party until after the first dungeon in that game. P4 doesn't open up till after the first dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    Really p4 moves at a vastly faster rate. You visit the trail dungeon in this game I believe 4 to 5 times before you're allowed to just beat it. If anything i felt the pacing and hand holding is vastly higher in p5.
    You also dip in and out of the TV world a few times till you can fully explore the first dungeon, and let it be known there was no exploration in those trips to the other world in P4 as they were just cutscenes. Really they're structured extremely similarly. The event with Ann in the first palace is exactly like the encounter with Shadow Chie in that you get to dungeon crawl a bit once you get to Chie you're kicked out for a day.
    Last edited by diakyu; 05-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

The 5th palace really is a dumpster fire. Holy ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

p5 doesn't even open until the middle of may i would say. may and september have terrible pacing. i was disappointed when people said the game starts off right away and doesn't have a lengthy prologue, but it turned out to be like 8-10 hours, more than twice of p4s.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    The 5th palace really is a dumpster fire. Holy ****.
    yep, september, outside of the very drawn out beginning, is easily the worst part of the game imo.

So I'm beginning to slightly wonder if maybe this game mat not be for me after all. Not yet making any decisions, ...but beginning to think of digging up some money and grabbing Horizon and maybe keeping P5 going as a secondary game.

I just feel myself struggling to turn the game back on; seemingly no ability to actually explore, endless dialogue, and I hate the fact that you get a Game Over when the main character is killed in battle; why, in a turn based system, is that the case? Wouldn't be a huge deal if it didn't result in losing like 20 minutes of gameplay to bring you to the last Save room.

Bleh. Maybe this series just isn't for me. I gave it a try. I still am holding out hope for it but I dunno. =/
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 05-11-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

The MC is essentially godly, so no game overs from his death results in a cakewalk game at any difficulty.

I mean, you can fuse personas, actively switch between them (therefore immunities, skill sets, etc) and confidant bonuses like the Tower confidant's down shot are ridiculous tbh.

The game has it's 'cheap death' moments on Normal, but I've yet to have been stuck from something screwing me over.
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

hmm well that's at least good to hear.

I dunno maybe I'm not giving the game enough of a chance. Like I said I'll continue it, but am beginning to somewhat lose interest in it. I hope that turns around; there are truly some likable things about it.

Edit; well, I played a couple hours more of it today. I didn't realize that you could just exit the dungeons and return to them. That's some much-needed freedom that I was waiting for.

I've gotten a little bit more back into it, which is good.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 05-11-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)

Yeah, not knowing you could exit was certainly a big issue lol. Usually in these games you dungeon crawl until your resources run dry then you bounce out of there. Complete the dungeon before the time is up and remaining days are yours to do with as you please.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Yeah, not knowing you could exit was certainly a big issue lol. Usually in these games you dungeon crawl until your resources run dry then you bounce out of there. Complete the dungeon before the time is up and remaining days are yours to do with as you please.
    Haha yeah the game indicates that R1 is the map button but not that it will warp you right out of the dungeon.

Anyway I've gotten a bit further and my appreciation for the game is coming back. Was just told that I can explore the neighborhood at night now, which is a positive change lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    hmm well that's at least good to hear.

I dunno maybe I'm not giving the game enough of a chance. Like I said I'll continue it, but am beginning to somewhat lose interest in it. I hope that turns around; there are truly some likable things about it.

Edit; well, I played a couple hours more of it today. I didn't realize that you could just exit the dungeons and return to them. That's some much-needed freedom that I was waiting for.

I've gotten a little bit more back into it, which is good.
    That sounds like a good way to make the game a lot harder and frustrating for a person

So Youne is still a ridiculous killing machine in this game that renders any higher difficulty level irrelevant.

Good to know.

Lol, wow at that censorship. Well that's one anti-spoiler method.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast