View Poll Results: Do you think Sonic Boom will get a third season?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 44.19%
  • No

15 34.88%
  • No clue

9 20.93%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic Boom Season 3?

Default Sonic Boom Season 3?

After tonight, there will only be 22 more episodes left to air in season 2 of Sonic Boom (in the US, not sure about other countries). That said, I've been starting to think about whether or not the show will get a third season. While I hope there is, frankly, I have no idea what to think. The show gets around an underwhelming 150,000 viewers per episode now due to airing on a channel almost no one has, although clips of episodes and even full episodes are getting hundreds of thousands if not millions of views on youtube in just days, so I'm unsure what to think of its popularity at this point. What do you think?

Given the mis-treatment of the show, no.
    My NASCAR/Sonic Story! (Note: Please, PLEASE don't take this seriously)
    My Music Reviews!

With the bad reputation and little views it gets on Boomerang, I doubt it.

Hard to say. The new Mega Man cartoon series will soon debut on CN and might replace Sonic Boom.
    ☆☆☆THE FIGHTING ROBOT OF THE SEGA FORUMS☆☆☆
    Quote Originally Posted by announcer
    Super fighting robot! MEGA MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeMegaMan View Post
    The new Mega Man cartoon series will soon debut on CN and might replace Sonic Boom.
    Boom hasn't aired on CN in months, so I doubt that would be the cause of the show's end. It would be more likely to be due to low amounts of TV viewers this season because it's airing on a channel almost no one has. It's amount of viewers on average is down by over 800% because of the change.

Do I think it will? Hard to say.

Do I think it should? Definitely.

obviously no

what do you expect? the ratings are horrible now; doing good for boomerang standards is still bad. it's not like it was even made for boomerang; the show was relegated to that channel because it was doing too poorly to stay on cn. why make new episodes for a show that has clearly plummeted so hard in popularity? the best course of action is to just finish this season on boomerang and be done with it.

besides, most cartoons only last 3 years. sonic boom has been on air for nearly 3 years now, so it's about time for it to end. at least it had a full cartoon life span
    proud business owner

Blame Teen Titans Go, and Warner Bros. They are all in cahoots with all who oppose Sonic the Hedgehog, and all it stands for. Pretty soon, Sonic Forces might be the SECOND-To-Last Game in the series, and the finale will end with Amy Rose the Hedgehog to be pronounced "Mrs. Sonic the Hedgehog." after marrying Sonic.
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.

Because it's big en Europe, i don't see it heading over here. If it does happen:

* They will continue from "Robots in the Sky", as that was a popular episode. More serialized structure, along with occasional darker toned episodes.
    * More Archie staff put on board. Maybe some game staff too?
    * They'd get the rights to some non-Sonic Team characters out of nowhere down the line.
    * Even more new characters introduced.
    * Those villagers will finally get what they deserve.
    * Tying in the disparate bits of Boom lore into one source.
    * Continuing down this, season four will be MUCH darker and more serious, likely alienating the Boom fans in favor of trying to win over the main series and comic fans.

Has Boom started re-airing on Boomerang UK? I haven't seen it on, nor any ads for it. Is it only airing in the continent?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994 View Post
    God, even in positive air, you're all so depressing.
    Missed opportunities are the foundation of this franchise. The benefits of changes that add more IMO outweigh the reasons to not to.
    Every conversation is a battleground.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast