Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evil Within 2

Oh my gosh, that's right. O.O

Very awesome. I can hardly wait.

It's a shame nobody is buying this, because it's one of the best horror games in a long time. It's also a shame Bethesda put no marketing behind it, lol. It's like they don't want their games to sell.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

Quote Originally Posted by - Gooch - View Post
    It's a shame nobody is buying this, because it's one of the best horror games in a long time. It's also a shame Bethesda put no marketing behind it, lol. It's like they don't want their games to sell.
    I'm playing through it on a friend's PS4. I couldn't agree more. It's an excellent Survival Horror game.

I too share the opinion that it's kind of underrated in that I don't see many talking about it. Though you are correct that Bethesda's not doing it many favors in terms of marketing.

Bethesda marketed the original fairly well. It's possible that the sequel was done on a reduced budget and therefore required a smaller marketing budget.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I don't know if I'd call it a lower budget game. The original was on the previous-gen systems. ^___^''

Also, it uses the same engine. Then again, that might not be the best example as a video game engine isn't exactly tied directly to a game's budget. There are both medium and big budget games that use the Unreal Engine, for instance.

At the very least, though, I'd think they're at least around the same.

I don't know if I'd call it a lower budget game. The original was on the previous-gen systems. ^___^''
    Hmm well I suppose it was cross-gen, but it also released simultaneously on the PS4/XBO, so with less than 2 years' development time I'd have been surprised if Evil Within 2 truly took advantage of the PS4/XBO's power and came with a much larger budget, given that it uses the original's same engine.

You're right though that I don't know any of this, lol. Just making an assumption.

Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)

The original is three years old actually (where does the time go, lol), but I see your point.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

Ah. I think I might have meant to type less than 3 years. Yeah, time time does fly.

Meant to say this earlier, but I finished the game.

I don't know if it can be continued or if it even should be, but I did like Evil Within 2 a lot.

It continues to do the job of a Survival Horror game with limited resources, quite a few genuinely terrifying and suspenseful moments, and unraveling the story of what's going on as you go.

I was actually quite satisfied with the ending. I might go into more details eventually, but for now, I'll just say that I really did like this game. Thank you, Shinji Mikami and the others at Tango Gameworks. (and an additional shout-out to the publisher, Bethesda Softworks, for being a name consistently attached to fun and high-quality games)

This game is only $25 if you were interested and havent picked it up you should.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast