Thread: i actually like the deadly six

Default i actually like the deadly six

the whole point of them was to be simple villains with quirky personalities. cliche, but that's what sonic team was going for. they're certainly better than dumb "edgy" characters like black doom and mephiles.

the only problem i have with them is that they were introduced to begin with. honesty, so many characters have been introduced over the years in this franchise; there did not need to be any new characters in lost world. and it's especially redundant to see another villain take eggman's spotlight for the umpteenth time
    proud business owner

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    honesty, so many characters have been introduced over the years in this franchise; there did not need to be any new characters in lost world.
    I have been feeling that way for a LONG time. Worst of all isn't just the constant introduction of characters, but then going and somehow forcing them into future games where they clearly don't have enough of a leg to stand on in personalty or relevance.

Take Sonic Forces, we're getting Zavok in that now. More bloat.

nahhh, actually, i don't like them. while they are a breath of fresh air from the overly complex characters the series is infamous for, they're too simple for their own good. they're extremely generic villains; they don't even feel like sonic characters.

there are right and wrong ways of doing simple characters. sonic, tails, knuckles, amy and eggman were simple characters when they debuted, but they were still distinct enough to add to this series' own feel and vibe.

the deadly six may not be offensively bad since they're so simple, but they're still completely unnecessary and unremarkable.
    Last edited by bruh; 06-22-2017 at 05:06 AM.
    proud business owner

nahhh, actually, i don't like them. while they are a breath of fresh air from the overly complex characters the series is infamous for, they're too simple for their own good. they're extremely generic villains; they don't even feel like sonic characters.

there are right and wrong ways of doing simple characters. sonic, tails, knuckles, amy and eggman were simple characters when they debuted, but they were still distinct enough to add to this series' own feel and vibe.

the deadly six may not be offensively bad since they're so simple, but they're still completely unnecessary and unremarkable.
    Sudden instant thread contradiction appears!
    Finished Forces stage 22 Death Egg - Death Egg in 1'23"35

i've always been iffy towards the deadly six. on one hand, i hated how they were more new villains. on the other, i liked how simple they were compared to many sonic characters introduced in the past 15 or so years ago. still, when looking at them as characters, they're very generic. we have the generic old master (zik), the generic emo (zor0, the generic crazy one (zazz), the generic fat one (zomom), the generic sassy female (zeena) and the generic edgy one (zavok). they're very trite and have nothing to them besides their respective gimmicks

their designs are bland, too. they look like knockoffs of the monstars from space jam. very generic western esque villains that would be better off in some random saturday morning cartoon than a sonic game
    proud business owner

Generic is a very bad critique. It doesn't get your point across and it's a waste of time trying to understand. I don't even know what space jam is. People keep bringing up 90 stuff I've never heard of as a complaint. Find me more characters that look like the deadly six. What so generic about their character design. Amy looks like a girl, knuckles has bug fist, shadow is a sonic copy.

If you can't explain yourself without using the word generic then you don't even know what your complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by the Ys guy View Post
    Generic is a very bad critique.
    just because it's a word you don't understand doesn't mean it's bad lol

generic in this context basically means unremarkable, indistinct, forgettable, unoriginal, etc

I don't even know what space jam is. People keep bringing up 90 stuff I've never heard of as a complaint.
    that's just your own ignorance

Find me more characters that look like the deadly six.

What so generic about their character design. Amy looks like a girl, knuckles has bug fist, shadow is a sonic copy.
    they actually look like sonic characters. the deadly six don't
    Last edited by bruh; 06-24-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    proud business owner

just because it's a word you don't understand doesn't mean it's bad lol
    Lol. The things I've done to people for these 3 letters. Anyways don't say "lol" please. I don't mean to threaten but I take that word as sign of disrespect.

generic in this context basically means unremarkable, indistinct, forgettable, unoriginal, etc
    Sonic looks like Mickey mouse, he has pole legs and he wear gloves. Those features are unoriginal. Anyways let's have a look up of the word generic because I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Doesn't agree with you
    Cambridge dictionary
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...nglish/generic

Doesn't agree with you
    Merriman dictionary
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/generic

oxford dictionary
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/generic

It looks like urban dictionary which I refuse to tale seriously and oxford do align with you but it's only for the derogatory usages.

derogatory Lacking imagination or individuality; predictable and unoriginal.
    ‘generic dance-floor fillers’
    ‘the plot of the film isn't just generic, it's insultingly stupid
    Using the oxford definition we'll see how unoriginal the deadly six are.

that's just your own ignorance
    Maybe

The 3rd picture doesn't even look remotely close to the deadly six. The deadly six has colored skin just like sonic. They're bipedal. They have tails, they have big animal traits. The only thing the other 1st and 2nd share is colored bodies. Also all this media is over 6 years old. Find me 20 different example from no more than 7 years ago and I'll admit the deadly six are generic.

they actually look like sonic characters. the deadly six don't[/QUOTE]
    Who the are you to say what a sonic character looks like. You work at Sega sonic team? You make these games?

the deadly six are really lame lol
    proud business owner

I liked them
    Subscribe my channel and click on the bell button!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamChaotixBR
    We have comic dubs, gameplay, sonic news, sonic product reviews, old SEGA comercial translations, sonic plushies exploring places, stopmotion animation and a lot more!