Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Eggs in Sonic games

Default Easter Eggs in Sonic games

I'm trying to compose a complete list of Sonic game easter eggs (not cheats or unlockables, hidden, non-obvious tricks or secrets) and will post to add more and more. Please submit any that you know. I won't add all I can think of right now, but I will add a few of them. I'll start with ShTH easter eggs.

Shadow the Hedgehog
    -Plug in a second controller during a stage to play as a partner! Does not work for Doom's Eye, Eggman, or Charmy.
    -To play ShTH in first person, merely hold the C-Stick up for several seconds and then continue holding it. Shadow moves slower, but it's a must-try!
    -In Cryptic Castle, if you don't hurt ANY of the Chao and get about 10 to cuddle around you, one will lay an egg.
    -To get a clear pause (pause with no menu) hold L+R then pause (I THINK that was it, let me recheck).
    -When you unlock the Heal Cannon, use it on a GUN Soilder. They will salute you then actually not attack you, but the other enemies in the immediate area.
    -This goes off the last easter egg. When a GUN Soilder is REALLY close to you while on your side, press on the D-Pad in order: Up, Down, Left, Right. Then quickly hold A and B and press start. The GUN Soilder will say mysteriously, "There is no level select!" (Sonic 1 reference)
    Blackarms is watching you...
    Watching...
    Watching...

The Blackarms side with you as well when you use the heal cannon. It also raises Dark, Good points depending on who you heal.
    In Sonic Adventure, there was a sign that said something about Chaos in Space. In Sonic Adventure 2, it showed a sign saying there was a sequel.
    In Sonic Adventure 2, there are various signs asking one to keep playing the game, advertising Sonic Team, and to stay at the NiGHTs hotel.
    On Radical Highway, there are 2 buildings with NiGhts head on it.
    In Sonic Battle, play the race mini game against someone, when someone wins, NiGHTs will fly by.
    The loading screen in Sonic Battle has some of the plants from Sonic 1's Green Hill Zone.
    There are various SOAP blimps and posters advertising the skating shoes. The reason is because Sonic is wearing a pair of Red SOAP shoes (I want a pair, but I can't find any.) This is in Sonic Adventure 2.
    God, it feels like it's been an eternity since I was last here.
    Hurray for Sonic in Brawl!
    *can't wait for his Subspace Emissary role*

Quote Originally Posted by boredomrulez
    The Blackarms side with you as well when you use the heal cannon. It also raises Dark, Good points depending on who you heal.
    In Sonic Adventure, there was a sign that said something about Chaos in Space. In Sonic Adventure 2, it showed a sign saying there was a sequel.
    In Sonic Adventure 2, there are various signs asking one to keep playing the game, advertising Sonic Team, and to stay at the NiGHTs hotel.
    On Radical Highway, there are 2 buildings with NiGhts head on it.
    In Sonic Battle, play the race mini game against someone, when someone wins, NiGHTs will fly by.
    The loading screen in Sonic Battle has some of the plants from Sonic 1's Green Hill Zone.
    There are various SOAP blimps and posters advertising the skating shoes. The reason is because Sonic is wearing a pair of Red SOAP shoes (I want a pair, but I can't find any.) This is in Sonic Adventure 2.
    Hate to be a party pooper, but most of those are cameos. >_> They still are neat, especially the first time you them.

Throwing this one randomly out there-

In SA2B, if you have 1,000,000 rings, 180 emblems, and a gameboy advance connected to the gamecube with Sonic Advance in it, the Maria menu theme will become buyable at the Black Market.
    Blackarms is watching you...
    Watching...
    Watching...

I consider them in the same category.
    I never knew about that Shadow one with the Sonic 1 refrence.
    Also, some GUN soliders say "Mr. Yuji Naka is alright." That one should be obvious.

On the back of the Sonic picture the president has you'll see the SEGA logo in red.
    Playing:
    Megaman Anniversary Collection (GCN)
    Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeAlex
    You have Seamen all over you.
    http://internetisseriousbusiness.com

In Sonic Shuffle when you set the date to "December 24th" NiGHTS will take the place of Lumina Flowlight. And if you set it to "April 1st" than Reala(SP?) Will take her place instead.

Any for Sonic Heroes?
    ..............ziggyboogydoom

Krumping In the Garden of Eden With the Krump Kings

Any for sonic riders.
    "your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding, it is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick-self therefore trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility."
    -Khalil Gibran

Sonic Heroes: Some refrences to SA, SA2 and SCD.
    Sonic Riders: Refrence to DBZ and other SEGA francshises.

I'll edit this tommorow. Right now, I'm going to bed...
    Playing:
    Megaman Anniversary Collection (GCN)
    Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeAlex
    You have Seamen all over you.
    http://internetisseriousbusiness.com

Sonic Adventure: At the beginning of Amy's story, there will be a flash back of Metal chasing Sonic who is holding Amy. Sonic CD anyone?
    Sonic Next Gen: This one is dead obvious but Sweet Sweet Sweet (theme of Elise) is Dreams Come True's lyrical version of the Sonic 2 ending.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast