Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: what is nintendo best game

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    So what made it 'the better game overall?' Just curious
    I get what the statement sounds like, I just like the combat of 4 more. It's faster and I like the character roster.
    Brawl has better mode content.

I like Melee the most, it's best balanced in combat and content, but I'm just a casual player who doesn't care about the "advance tech". Only problem going back to Melee is having to see some vets back into their original clone versions.

what did brawl have that 4 didn't besides the pointless subspace emissary
    proud business owner

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    what did brawl have that 4 didn't besides the pointless subspace emissary
    To me Brawl had more that felt like it was new; more stages, an absolutely packed soundtrack from many of the industry's best, the introduction of the multi-part stages, the addition of Final Smash's (4 simply re-used many of Brawl's) and tons and tons of new weapons.

Brawl also (to me) has better stage design and better single-player content (even setting aside Subspace) and all in all just felt like a huge leap forward for the series.

Of course, 4 could have I feel come close if it had simply been 1 version of the game across console and handheld. I think they spread themselves too thin.

Now Playing: Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Brawl definitely does have better single-player content. But 4's actual combat mechanics are leagues better, so 4 is very much better than Brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    Brawl definitely does have better single-player content. But 4's actual combat mechanics are leagues better, so 4 is very much better than Brawl.

But if you play Smash Bros the way I think most people do (which is in a party multiplayer context that's slightly more skilled than most) I think it pretty much goes without saying that Brawl was the most complete Smash Bros game and (IMO) the one with the best content, albeit one with slightly floatier controls.

In Smash Bros though that isn't something that bothers me. In the constant chaos (including from all the weapons, characters falling, stages moving, etc) that makes up Smash Bros as a great party game, Brawl is to me easily the best one.

If one were to sit down and play Smash Bros like a fighting game then I don't know, I can't say I'd have much of an opinion on that. I can I guess see how this type of player could prefer Melee or Smash 4 but that isn't something that has really made a difference to me.

Even as a party games, Smash 4 has better mechanics. And that is what matters most. That's the long and short of it. The end.

I wish I could play Brawl with ShadowLegend and his friends, lol. I would make them all hate the game.

Like, SL seriously doesn't understand how effective campy / super lame gameplay is in Brawl.

Not to mention stupid stuff like chain grabs for days, lol.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Why don't they just turn on items, lol? That'd instantly balance out things.

(All jokes aside though dude, I don't doubt that Brawl can be exploited without items in tournament style gameplay. That isn't something that has affected me though. I don't play the game that way. I have played against tournament-type players too and I don't remember faring too horribly, lol.)

Items wouldn't save you when a skilled opponent can use them too, especially against players who can control space and dominate the stage more effectively than you.

You can't grab an item if you're constantly in mid-air, off the stage, stuck in a chain grab, etc. =P

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Oh yeah, and Brawl still had edge hogging, lol.

Since I know you play Mario, you would die by not being able to grab the ledge most of the time, since his recovery options are so bad and limited compared to the top tiers.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast