Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Splatoon 2 Discussion

Default Official Splatoon 2 Discussion

I felt that with the game coming out tomorrow, it warranted a general discussion topic.

Had fun with the Global Testfire and the World Splatfest Premiere already (both being free demos of sorts), and there is so much about the full game I'm looking forward to. ^___^ (including but not strictly limited to more Turf War with the new Splat Dualies and the Special Weapons, the latter of which are all unique to this game with none of Splatoon 1's special weapons returning, the Salmon Run four player 'fight the horde' co-op, and the single-player Hero Mode to name a few. That last one especially because it will continue the first one's trait of having scrolls that explain the world's lore alongside the main story and also featuring significant improvements in many areas compared to the first. Looking forward to seeing how the bosses are too, I won't lie)

Also, Off the Hook video.

And we continue to see the series' multiplayer fun and the single-player adventure campaign (featuring levels with their own unique elements from the multiplayer as well as boss fights) blend into the same overall world-building from what I can tell.

Looking forward to release. I can't wait for tomorrow's release. ^____^

P.S. No antagonism allowed. Feel free to have an opinion of your own on the game, but the minute anyone who likes the series (and it's a fun, creative, and high-quality IP, so...) is targeted under 'stop liking what I don't like', that's where the line is drawn.
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 07-20-2017 at 09:53 PM.

off the hook is weird and creepy. splatoon would be a much better game without squid waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cat View Post
    off the hook is weird and creepy.
    It's a perfect match for the Splatoon fanbase.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Eh, music inspired from '90s rap/Techno-R&B never hurt anybody. It's about on even ground with me personally (obviously in their own unique ways) with the Squid Sisters and how they had music influenced by J-Pop. Rather have the unique characters be endearing and lovable and in this case, the musicians with the video screen and the campaign guides (not the same people with the exception of when Callie and Marie took over for Captain Cuttlefish during Splatoon 1's single player and now that Marie is the main campaign guide for the second) are those characters, though the shop owners aren't bad either.

And yeah, nothing inherently nor remotely creepy there. By even hinting at some dirty subtext and using fake derogatory words would imply one's own dirty mind towards what is a genuinely innocent concept. (and in that case, that would not include the majority of the general base)

Also, Marina's an octopus. Get it right. :P

Just like with the Squid Sisters, I love Off the Hook's mannerisms. I love characters with personality and...well...character.

Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 07-20-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    And yeah, nothing inherently nor remotely creepy there.
    Have you seen the Youtube comments from Splatoon fans about them? =P
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Okay, that's fair, but every fanbase has that. You ever see the Sonic the Hedgehog stuff from DeviantArt?

There are just as many, possibly more, who simply find the characters endearing and with charm.

I'm only saying. It falls under the category of "It's only weird if you make it weird." This is the unfiltered Interwebz, so of course there will be those individuals.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow evening on the way back from work. It's the only point that I have time.
    ​​

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Have you seen the Youtube comments from Splatoon fans about them? =P
    From all the webms and gifs posted of Marina (aka Harbor) and Callie I've seen, Nintendo is being about as subtle as a fart in a library with giving them ammo.

If only they could have just kept all their waifu fans contained in the Fire Emblem fandom, but no. lol

aspiring memesmith

I just like to think that they're all teenagers at the oldest, and not think about it further.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Some guys sure do love those 13 yr old squid girls.
    http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=163480&dateline=14877  30777
    STOP SPREADING FAKE REVIEWS ON SONIC!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast