Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Splatoon 2 Discussion

Actually Marina's been confirmed by Nintendo to be 18. What's more interesting is that Pearl is allegedly older than that, though, lmao

You were only off by one year, Panda. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Theadvisor1234 View Post
    I just like to think that they're all teenagers at the oldest, and not think about it further.
    And that's reasonable. Don't make it weird. It's only weird if one makes it so. Though on another separate subject, I find false terminologies that only exist because *insert reason/need for derogatory label here* to be such.

And yeah, the Inklings are first able to manifest their fully humanoid forms (and apparently are at the same time fascinated by Inkopolis's favorite pastime/competitive sport of Turf War from the very moment they can turn human) when they're at age 14. So yeah, they're basically kids with the other characters other than Captain Cuttlefish or other 'obviously old' sea people (Crabs, jellyfish, sea anemones and more go along with the squids and octopi) not being that much older. I mean, I feel the singers/hostesses (Squid Sisters and Off the Hook) are a couple years older at most than the Player Inkling characters who are most likely the minimal age given for their human forms manifesting.

Edit: Okay. Given Deleter's post, I'm going to say the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook are perhaps the only examples of young adult Inklings (and Octoling). Again, though, not a weird thing. In fact, it's better than a world consisting only of kids and teenagers with only really old adult.

In short, yes, not thinking beyond the age cap is a pretty good thing to do. Heck, I wish real life at age 14 was as exciting as it is for Inklings between Turf War, becoming a secret agent to battle Octarians with the goal of saving your hometown (and at least one captured character), and now battling hordes of hostile Salmon. XD

I'm stoked for the new mechanics demonstrated for Hero Mode as well as being able to use the other weapons. Speaking of which, I have a few candidates for new favorite Special Weapon.

I'm complete bullocks at this game lol. Having fun, though.
    A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

I had a lot of fun with the game this evening. game would still be a lot better without the squid waifus though. I just pretend they don't exist.

Single player mode is fun, but, its story is sooo boring. Nothing about it makes me care.

If anyone buys this game its for the multiplayer modes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deleter View Post
    Actually Marina's been confirmed by Nintendo to be 18. What's more interesting is that Pearl is allegedly older than that, though, lmao
    Speaking of, there are some fake terminologies of bias that should seriously die, especially when used incorrectly 98% of the time. .__.

At any rate, that's a funny thing. Given her mannerisms and size/height, I had her completely pegged as the younger.

I do agree with you at this point that they have a dynamic that does surpass the Squid Sisters, but I still feel they have their unique charm as well. I love the whole thing of them being the hostesses of the news station and Splatfests along with being the source of the game's musical numbers.

Always glad to have fun and endearing (and hip, going by their lingo) characters over stoic and other of the typical archetypes that tend to occupy the genre. (I'm a bit of a sucker for Splatoon's sea puns, whether it's being spoken by Off the Hook, the shopkeepers, Marie, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern X View Post
    I'm complete bullocks at this game lol. Having fun, though.
    It's a highly fun game. It took me a while to get the time to play it today, but it was so worth the patience.

I love the campaign with Marie/Agent 2 as your guide and the improvements made to the single-player gameplay and structure since the first game. Played up to the first boss so far before taking a break. (Also after having played quite a bit of Turf War, lol)

The primary highlight of Splatoon, Turf War, is just as fun as always Loving it, from the stages to the new special weapons and the Splat Dualies.

I can't comment on Salmon Run yet. It wasn't available at the time I was playing. That is to say, I wasn't playing during the scheduled timeslot. Oh well. I'll play later tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I come across its next scheduled time.
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 07-22-2017 at 12:30 AM.

After playing the first game religiously, I'm plowing through these poor people in the first few low rank online matches you have to do. Hope they're new. I remember how much I sucked at the start of the first game.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

They really need to add an option to skip the squid waifus talking whenever you start up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    Speaking of, there are some fake terminologies of bias that should seriously die, especially when used incorrectly 98% of the time. .__.
    Ok man, look. It's pretty clear that Nintendo pushes these little squid singer duos as waifu bait. Hell the last Splatfest for the first game was literally a waifu war lol.

aspiring memesmith

Under conditions of which literally anyone can be blindly (and erroneously) declared as such. (And seriously, that Splatfest was not in that context unless you make it so)

It's not clear at all. They're intended as fun and energetic characters who are meant to be seen as cool, hip, etc. Especially from the E10+ angle of the younger audiences that are playing. Less than innocent minds will conjure up dirtier thoughts, but that's on those people. It's only weird when select individuals make it weird. I will not budge on that or the abuse of the 'w word.'

Neither set of singers are meant to do more than endear and serve their role as the hostesses for announcements and the game's music. (And have more to their characters such as Callie and Marie's day job being idols but also serving as secret agents defending Inkopolis from the Octarians, which only became more clear when the latter became the new guide of the sequel's campaign) Less than innocent interpretations come from less than innocent minds, just saying.

Whatever, though. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    After playing the first game religiously, I'm plowing through these poor people in the first few low rank online matches you have to do. Hope they're new. I remember how much I sucked at the start of the first game.
    I actually meant to bring that up in my post to Casshern. I've been doing fine, but that's mainly because I've been really brushing up on Splatoon.

I've even played a lot of Turf War and the Hero Mode campaign of the original Splatoon in preparation for the release of 2. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    Ok man, look. It's pretty clear that Nintendo pushes these little squid singer duos as waifu bait
    It's clear if you spend an inordinate amount of time on Tumblr, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast