Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega strikes deal with IDW to make new Sonic comics

Default Sega strikes deal with IDW to make new Sonic comics

http://www.cbr.com/sega-idw-announce-sonic-comics/

SEGA and IDW Publishing have announced a partnership to produce new comics based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise as soon as 2018. The news follows the recent termination of SEGA’s contract with Archie Comics, which housed several Sonic comic book titles over the last 20 years.

“Creative teams are currently being formed,” teases an official press release, “and a publishing plan is now underway with more details to come at a later date. Writers and artists will be bringing their considerable talents to the comic book world of Sonic.”

“We’ve been speaking with beloved Sonic fan-favorite creators and new creators alike, and are excited to be able to spread specifics about our plans for the comic in the near future,” Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer, said upon the announcement.

“We are ecstatic about this partnership with IDW,” Ivo Gerscovich, Chief Brand Officer for Sonic the Hedgehog, said. “We know they’ll serve as a good home for the new adventures of Sonic, his friends, and foes.”
    Archie Comics’ Sonic the Hedgehog series ran from November 22, 1992 to July 19, 2017, first under the pen of Michael Gallagher, then Ken Penders, and eventually Ian Flynn. The comic book series was originally envisioned as not only an adaptation of Sega’s popular action-platformer franchise starring a speedy blue hedgehog, but also as an extension of DiC Entertainment’s cartoon adaptation by the same name. The series added a great deal of story to the otherwise lore-stoic game series, casting the main characters from the Sonic games as freedom fighters set on defeating the sinister Doctor Eggman who wants to turn Mobius’ wild animals into cyborgs who will do his bidding.

Stay tuned to CBR as new details surface surrounding IDW’s Sonic comics.
    Well, looks like we might see a Sonic and My Little Pony crossover sometime soon.
    My latest rant: https://supersonication.deviantart.c...o-31-701816697
    Formerly Prodigy Z, and Flamerstreak. Changed names because I like this one better.

Well. At least we have a new publisher.
    "You're watching a Poster!"

Hi, my name is Lekonua. I like that name. Do not ask me why. Asking me why may be hazzardous to your health. Do not ask me why, it just will. SO DON'T ASK!

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalStorm51 View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/sega-idw-announce-sonic-comics/

Well, looks like we might see a Sonic and My Little Pony crossover sometime soon.
    Seriously? How about some Crossover Variant Covers of their familiar works:

TMNT - The Ninja Turtles meet the Chaotix and Sonic, and they're introduced to Pizza Gyoza or at least Chili Dog Pizza
    TransFormers - Something involving Tails and the Autobots or Eggman and the Decepticons
    Jem and the Holograms - Amy Rose is decked out in the familiar 80s Glam of Jem and the Holograms!
    My Little Pony - The Obvious Choice: A Race between Sonic and Rainbow Dash!
    The X-Files - Shadow and Rouge are dressed up as Mulder and Scully.
    GhostBusters - The GhostBusters & Knuckles take on King Boom Boo!

And if we're lucky, and it extends to Disney works by IDW:

Mickey Mouse Comics - Sonic and Amy are dressed up as Mickey and Minnie, and only Amy is enjoying it, while Sonic is embarrassed.

But if a Sonic/MLP Crossover DOES happen in print, then Shadow the Hedgehog will rage, and a "Shadow Got Owned" moment will happen.
    Last edited by YoshiAngemon; 07-21-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    Seriously? How about some Crossover Variant Covers of their familiar works:

TMNT - The Ninja Turtles meet the Chaotix and Sonic, and they're introduced to Pizza Gyoza or at least Chili Dog Pizza
    TransFormers - Something involving Tails and the Autobots or Eggman and the Decepticons
    Jem and the Holograms - Amy Rose is decked out in the familiar 80s Glam of Jem and the Holograms!
    My Little Pony - The Obvious Choice: A Race between Sonic and Rainbow Dash!
    The X-Files - Shadow and Rouge are dressed up as Mulder and Scully.
    GhostBusters - The GhostBusters & Knuckles take on King Boom Boo!

And if we're lucky, and it extends to Disney works by IDW:

Mickey Mouse Comics - Sonic and Amy are dressed up as Mickey and Minnie, and only Amy is enjoying it, while Sonic is embarrassed.
    A crossover with TMNT or Transformers would actually be cool, honestly. The Disney idea sounds funny.
    Formerly Prodigy Z, and Flamerstreak. Changed names because I like this one better.

A crossover with TMNT or Transformers would actually be cool, honestly. The Disney idea sounds funny.
    I was referring to JUST Variant Covers, not full-blown crossovers. Remember, the 2012 Turtles are teaming up with Batman:TAS Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    I was referring to JUST Variant Covers, not full-blown crossovers. Remember, the 2012 Turtles are teaming up with Batman:TAS Batman.
    Oh, my bad. Still, a crossover between Sonic and TMNT or Transformers would be cool, but those variant covers you mentioned would not be bad.

Oh, my bad. Still, a crossover between Sonic and TMNT or Transformers would be cool, but those variant covers you mentioned would not be bad.
    Well, at least they did some Crossover Variant Covers to commemorate Archie Comics' 75th Anniversary. You should see the variants of Star Trek, TransFormers, and more.
    Last edited by YoshiAngemon; 07-21-2017 at 08:41 PM.

I'll bump this thread so it gets noticed.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you aren’t experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Sooooo.... dont care much for the comics except the MEGA DRIVE one's.
    I really hope this one gets released.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast