Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Sega strikes deal with IDW to make new Sonic comics

I've never read an IDW comic. So I am unfamiliar with their style. I look forward to see what they have coming down the pipeline however.

From what I hear, they do some good work.

I want Sally Acorn to be part of IDW Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/idw-publish...f-f0d349b99c89

Of course, everytime I go to a comic book store or Comic-Con I mostly buy IDW comic books nowadays.

I wish Barnes and Noble sold IDW comic books in their magazine rack sections of their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
    Yes, that's good news. Enough with the official fanfic pandering that was going on. There's nothing worse for a fanbase then different stories, it fracturates said fanbase. As if storytelling wasn't enough.
    An Elseworlds Sonic wouldn't hurt just as long as it isn't filled with the melodrama romance crap that plagued Archie comics for the longest time.

I mean, wouldn't an extended story like he Sonic OVA be cool? o3o
    Join the Psycho Helmets
    Lord Psycho Helmet will lead us to peace and prosperity.

Scrapbrain Workshop

Since the appearance of Phantom Ruby came would be nice if Sega allowed Archie comics to make one final comic that would lead to the IDW Sonic comics. Like Sonic, The Chaotix, Knuckles, the Freedom Fighters along with the Eggman empire discovered a unstable source of energy which is the Phantom Ruby that activates during a battle causing a distortion of time & space throughout the whole Sonic world ending the Archie Sonic & beginning the IDW Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalsonic9 View Post
    Since the appearance of Phantom Ruby came would be nice if Sega allowed Archie comics to make one final comic that would lead to the IDW Sonic comics. Like Sonic, The Chaotix, Knuckles, the Freedom Fighters along with the Eggman empire discovered a unstable source of energy which is the Phantom Ruby that activates during a battle causing a distortion of time & space throughout the whole Sonic world ending the Archie Sonic & beginning the IDW Sonic.
    Not likely I'm afraid.

Everything will be like MLPFIM.
    Join the Psycho Helmets
    Lord Psycho Helmet will lead us to peace and prosperity.

Scrapbrain Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by WittyUsername View Post
    Me and Panda are pretty chill and I'm sure he knows I'm an Adventure favoring guy
    "He". lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Enerjak View Post
    But we are dealing with Sega. Sega, a company that threw Big Red Button under the bus when their Sonic Boom game flopped.

I'm more concerned with Knuckles The Echidna. The last piece of his true character was in the Archie Comics. What if IDW shifts over and gives the Knuckles fans the Modern (Sonic Boom) Knuckles, a.k.a. Empty Shell. His character losing the Master Emerald and Angel Island and becomes a Tails 2.0. Or worse, this doesn't just end with Knuckles, this infection spreads to the rest of the Sonic cast. Eggman becomes more comedic than being a war tyrant with a slight comedy side to him, Amy standing on her own two feet against all dangers and at the same time expresses her passion for Sonic, etc.

Oh, and the Chaos Emeralds, what if those never come back because of this?
    I'm more concerned about the new characters. If the characters end up like Boom Knuckles, could we get cool new characters to replace them, which Boom failed to do? It only have us characters so bad they made their Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow look better by comparision to them, such as Comedy Chimp. And well, the Emeralds were in Mania, Master Emerald (even though that one didn't do much) and all.

Or, maybe they create lame characters on purpose to be the "new Boom Knuckles", "new Forces Tails", etc. I could see Jet being the "Free Riders Shadow" or "Lost World Tails", Antoine being "Forces Tails", etc. This would be a good way to meet SEGA's "comedy" quota. Or by using all those "comic relief" characters they've been pouring on us PROPERLY by not making everyone else some clown or piece of cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadvisor1234 View Post
    Unless he's shoehorned in as the final boss in order to meet some non-existent "quota".
    The last Sonic game to have a non-Eggman end boss was Fire and Ice. And Smash, it would actually be worse than SA1-Unleashed OR now. The direction of his jokeness has more or less gone sideways instead. Imagine that you don't fight him AT ALL. It's also worse because we don't get any cool new villains to replace him in competence. Only villains even lamer than him.
    #MakeSonicPublicDomain

Garfield was a mistake, TBH. And it's thankfully over.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910