Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100

Thread: Sega strikes deal with IDW to make new Sonic comics

  1. #21
    Senior Member Rapido Azule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Another Time, Another Place..
    Posts
    22,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    I'm pretty sure the non-Sonic Team game characters are also barred along with all the other older characters. I've heard that the Hooligans were only allowed in Mania as unobtrusive cameos, and "were not part of the Classic Sonic universe".

    https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic...omment=1104995

    https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic...omment=1106960
    Ah, crap.. welp, they're gone then.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Miru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carmel.
    Posts
    9,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapido Azule View Post
    Ah, crap.. welp, they're gone then.
    Shouldn't you edit your initial post to reflect that even the older game characters have their goose cooked?

    I think they can still utilize Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, and Mecha Sonic, (and Sticks) however, as they are all Sonic Team creations.

    EDIT: Even Lumina and Void and the Chronicles characters cannot be used, because they are not Sonic Team characters.

    EDIT II: The only characters I'm curious as to whether they can be used or not are Gemerl, Captain Whisker, Johnny, and Ifrit.
    Last edited by Miru; 07-22-2017 at 08:17 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Rapido Azule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Another Time, Another Place..
    Posts
    22,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    Shouldn't you edit your initial post to reflect that even the older game characters have their goose cooked?

    I think they can still utilize Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, and Mecha Sonic, (and Sticks) however, as they are all Sonic Team creations.

    EDIT: Even Lumina and Void and the Chronicles characters cannot be used, because they are not Sonic Team characters.

    EDIT II: The only characters I'm curious as to whether they can be used or not are Gemerl, Captain Whisker, Johnny, and Ifrit.
    I was listing the mandates Archie Sonic used that I think will carry over, not the ones hat might b instated. Didn't Iizuka say they could return in the GameInformer interview?
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-answered.aspx

  4. #24
    Senior Member Miru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carmel.
    Posts
    9,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapido Azule View Post
    I was listing the mandates Archie Sonic used that I think will carry over, not the ones hat might b instated. Didn't Iizuka say they could return in the GameInformer interview?
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-answered.aspx
    I'm pretty sure he meant only Mighty.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Rapido Azule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Another Time, Another Place..
    Posts
    22,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    I'm pretty sure he meant only Mighty.
    That's Mighty convenient..

  6. #26

    Default

    SSMB made 18 pages of discussion on this in 1 day.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

  7. #27
    Senior Member Rapido Azule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Another Time, Another Place..
    Posts
    22,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New the Chameleon View Post
    SSMB made 18 pages of discussion on this in 1 day.
    There aren't many people interested in the comics here, and less people visit the Cartoons and Comics section.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapido Azule View Post
    There aren't many people interested in the comics here, and less people visit the Cartoons and Comics section.
    I think there are more people who care about Sonic in general at SSMB, which includes games, comics and Boom.
    Clark Kent the Wolf

  9. #29
    Senior Member Aaronterasu Okami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Equestria Canterlot
    Posts
    5,826

    Default

    Anyone who thinks less of IDW needs to be punch in the stomach on a day to day basis, IDW is Sonic's saving grace for the comics.

    IDW isn't like Archie, all of you can finally stop eating Archie's garbage and can now start eating healthy.
    100

  10. #30
    Senior Member jorgekorke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    3,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronterasu Okami View Post
    Anyone who thinks less of IDW needs to be punch in the stomach on a day to day basis,
    Your actions speak so loudly that I cannot hear what you're saying.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •