Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD cards, Super smash bros brawl, save data, use on comp?

Default SD cards, Super smash bros brawl, save data, use on comp?

Yea, sorry for the long title, I have a good question though..

Ok, so I bought a SD card for brawl last week to save data on it. Now I know it's possible to put the SD card into the computer.. Though I don't have proper equipment for that yet.. BUT if you take saved data, for example, from Super smash bros brawl.. Is it possible to take out the screenshots saved, and replay data? Like.. Is it possible to take that data, and put it into your computer so you can view it..?

Though I want to put stuff on youtube (By converting it to Windows movie maker format), but my question has to be answered first.. And if you tried this, please tell me if it worked, (Or otherwise, if it was possible)

Thanks.

check out my DeviantART: http://flyingmario.deviantart.com/
    R.I.P mom, November 29/09 "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality..." Anyone up for Tatsunoko vs Capcom Super Smash Bros Brawl, BlazBlue CS, or Super Street fighter 4? PM me anytime!

I know theres a website floating around that allows you to get the screenshots. But there is no way to convert the replays into movie files that I know of.

cant you send the movie files through an email on the Wii itself?
    What does being a senior member mean? Hell everyone's a senior member. . .

I might be going off topic,but can you put all your saved data for characters,stages,etc. from Brawl on a SD card?

Quote Originally Posted by Chucoo
    I know theres a website floating around that allows you to get the screenshots. But there is no way to convert the replays into movie files that I know of.
    Snap.. Well.. If the snapshots worked other then the replay, I guess it's better then nothing.

R.I.P mom, November 29/09 "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality..." Anyone up for Tatsunoko vs Capcom Super Smash Bros Brawl, BlazBlue CS, or Super Street fighter 4? PM me anytime!

Super Moderator - Captain of the Starship Pioneer Lunacara's Avatar

To be blunt, I have tried to upload images from the game onto my computer from the SD Card, exactly the way you want to, but there is a problem... a big problem. The images are written in a file format that the computer itself will not be able to decrypt without a proper program. You cannot just take an image, put it on the SD Card, then transfer it over to the computer, you probably need to...

a) Like nkoulo said, try email yourself from the Wii and see if that works.
    b) Like Chucco said, take a peak for a program that converts the data file that contains the image.

EDIT: I copy/pasted this from IGN, hopefully this will work to get your pics uploaded on to your PC

Step 1:
    Put the sd card into the wii, and start up a brawl. Press + or 'Start' depending on the controller, follow the on screen help to zoom in and out, rotate, etc. then press 'A' to take the screenshot. It will give you 2 options: save it to the wii, or save it to your sd card. Choose the latter.

Step 2:
    Pop out the sd card, and either insert it into the sd slot of your computer, or into the digital camera. If you don't have an sd slot (I don't, I'm using a macbook) then put it into the digital camera and plug the camera into the computer.

Step 3:
    If you're running Windows:
    Wait for the dialog box to come up and select 'Show Files/Folders' or whatever it is (I forgot what it says).
    If you're running Mac Os X:
    Wait a bit, then look on your desktop for the external disk. Open it up.

Step 4:
    Either way, your at the root of your sd card. Now your screenshots are stored in the following location, so go there:
    private/wii/app/RSBE/al/
    You'll see some .bin files with what looks like random numbers. However, the format goes like this:
    al_YearMonthDay_HourMinute.bin
    Locate the screenshot you want, or just select them all, and copy them to a folder on your hard drive.

Step 5:
    Go to this website:
    http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/
    Once there select or de-select 16:9 Widescreen, depending on your options in brawl (by default it is 4:3). Click 'Choose File' navigate to your .bin screenshot, click Decrypt, and wait for it to render a .jpg. Hooray! Your Finished!
    BACON STRIPS & BACON STRIPS &
    BACON STRIPS & BACON STRIPS &
    BACON STRIPS.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ara/modcat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacara
    To be blunt, I have tried to upload images from the game onto my computer from the SD Card, exactly the way you want to, but there is a problem... a big problem. The images are written in a file format that the computer itself will not be able to decrypt without a proper program. You cannot just take an image, put it on the SD Card, then transfer it over to the computer, you probably need to...

a) Like nkoulo said, try email yourself from the Wii and see if that works.
    b) Like Chucco said, take a peak for a program that converts the data file that contains the image.

EDIT: I copy/pasted this from IGN, hopefully this will work to get your pics uploaded on to your PC

Step 1:
    Put the sd card into the wii, and start up a brawl. Press + or 'Start' depending on the controller, follow the on screen help to zoom in and out, rotate, etc. then press 'A' to take the screenshot. It will give you 2 options: save it to the wii, or save it to your sd card. Choose the latter.

Step 2:
    Pop out the sd card, and either insert it into the sd slot of your computer, or into the digital camera. If you don't have an sd slot (I don't, I'm using a macbook) then put it into the digital camera and plug the camera into the computer.

Step 3:
    If you're running Windows:
    Wait for the dialog box to come up and select 'Show Files/Folders' or whatever it is (I forgot what it says).
    If you're running Mac Os X:
    Wait a bit, then look on your desktop for the external disk. Open it up.

Step 4:
    Either way, your at the root of your sd card. Now your screenshots are stored in the following location, so go there:
    private/wii/app/RSBE/al/
    You'll see some .bin files with what looks like random numbers. However, the format goes like this:
    al_YearMonthDay_HourMinute.bin
    Locate the screenshot you want, or just select them all, and copy them to a folder on your hard drive.

Step 5:
    Go to this website:
    http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/
    Once there select or de-select 16:9 Widescreen, depending on your options in brawl (by default it is 4:3). Click 'Choose File' navigate to your .bin screenshot, click Decrypt, and wait for it to render a .jpg. Hooray! Your Finished!
    Thanks, I'll keep that information safe. For somtime later.. But e-mailing to myself on the Wii.. I don't have an internet option. (I don't know how to get it, all I know though that it's not free.) I can only do step 1, step 2 is the major problem. I need an adapter. And I know where to get it.. But.. Thanks for the info anyway.

Wow.. It finally worked. Well.. Thing is, I kinda have trouble uploading the pictures. I went to www.Tinypic.com and I try to upload the picture.. But it's taking forever. Is there an easier way.. Or faster way to upload the image? Or is it because the screenshot is in high resolution.. It takes forever.. Or maybe it won't work?

You can't send videos from email to Wii so I assume you can't send videos from Wii to email either.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoRex View Post
    Agreed: Much classier!
    Jax: The most classiest SEGA Forum member.

I never thought of this. Hold on, I do have the "equipment", I'll try it right now.
    Sing what you can say, forget what you can't play

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast