Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hulk PC- The Feedback Thread

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Q6600
    Graphics: 2 EVGA 8800 GTX's in SLI
    Sound: SB X-Fi Fatality Platinum Extreme Gamer
    Memory: 4 Gigs

I am disappointed in this game. My computer was completely stable, and after installation of this game, my computer started freezing on the desktop. I did a system restore to an earlier point in the week to get back to stability, so I know it was this game. On top of this computer crashing bug, sub-par graphics for a 2008 game, no graphics settings, no DX10, Bloom, or HDR lighting(the trailer for the game shows WAY nicer lighting, so very misleading)

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHz
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7600gt 256mb RAM
    Sound: Onboard Realtek AC97
    Memory: 2gb

Now I don't have the most awesome gaming rig around or anything close to it, but I can still manage to play Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Gears of War and many other console ports just fine on my machine. My point is, if I had a port of the 360 version of Hulk and turned everything to it's lowest setting or "off" I doubt it would look as bad as the PS2 port that we were sold.

Specific qualms.
    Audio - The sound cuts out at strange moments. The audio during the cutscenes (beautifully rendered on nextgen hardware that just further reminds us what we didn't get, it's like slapping us in the face) for some reason is lower than gameplay.

Graphics - Draw distance is too short. Streets are virtually barren during movement (but if you sit for a little bit cars come outa' nowhere). I've only seen about 5 or 6 different types of vehicles, ever (taxis, police cruisers, cement mixer, garbage truck, city bus and the very rare green hatch-back mini SUV) not counting military (which only pop up during threat or missions). Pedestrians are practically dopplegangers (I think there are three different variations, total). The textures of the paint on the streets (white lines paint) is raised slightly higher than the actual street and does not display shadows, at all. No night time as I've seen on the nextgen consoles (not counting the ONCE when you fight Abomination). Textures are absolutely horrid. The Grey Hulk secret character is an absolute joke when compared to the better-textured Hulks and Abomination. If the rest of the game is a PS2 port, the Grey Hulk looks like a PS1 port.

Controls - The default keyboard controls are, difficult, at best and since there is no typical gamepad support or even an option to remap the keyboard... Wow. You try holding Tab to stay locked onto an enemy, Ctrl to block his attacks AND W, S, A, and D, to try dodging around and you tell me that's anything close to natural or intuitive. At least an option to make the lock-on a toggle would have been an awesome step in the right direction here. And to top it off, the camera control is obviously optimized for an analog stick and therefor springs back to it's default position during ANY sort of movement meaning that, with a mouse, if you want to keep looking in the direction of an enemy while trying to maneuver (since locking on, as mentioned before, is more of a hassle than a help) you have to keep moving the mouse over and over (this means repositioning the mouse multiple times to keep tracking) because it keeps springing back. It's like wrestling with the game, instead of playing it. Tricking it into doing what you want it to do. In any instance... This is not fun.

I really don't know what else can be said here. The "game" is more of a beta. A prelude to what could, or maybe should have been the awesome Hulk experience we've all been screaming for. I really don't know what we can't expect from these posts. I don't know if they will ever make it to the "higher-ups" and if they do, if they will ever be anything more than something to laugh about around the SEGA offices. In my experiences, getting something you ask for from a business entity such as a game company is an exercise in futility, at best. I understand. One can argue that it's not in the best interest of the company, but the customers, to try to fix a "faulty" or mis-advertised product. One can also argue that what is in the best interest of said company's customers IS in the best interest of that company. I'm not here to tell you your business. It's all you. Do what you want. But I will tell you what I think we all want... We would, very much, like a straight port of the Xbox360 (I specify 360 because I hear it's easier to port from 360 to PC as their OS's are infinitly more compatible, both being Microsoft-based) version of Hulk with all the "bells and whistles" intact and "toggle-able" to allow us to scale our graphics settings to our respective machines. There it is, in plain "black and white" for you. I know we will likely never see this happen, but it's what we want.

Default THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!!

Operating System: Vista 32 bit Ultimate
    Processor speed (optional): AMD X2 6000+ 3Ghz
    Ram (optional): 2GB
    Video Card (optional): Nvidia 9800 GTX
    Feedback about the product:

I dont even know where to begin, i had to cool just so this entire post was not full of "F - Sega".

Everyones covered the crappy graphics and shamelessly misleading advertisements. So ill start with the Fking VIRUS i got right after installing the damn thing.... WTF if that about!? luckily im an experienced technicain who cought and removed the infection as soon as it appeared but to the less tech savvy out there SCAN YOUR SYSTEM IMMEDIATLY WITH AVG!!! This could explain the irratic behavior of some of your pcs you have been complaining about after installing and playing the game.

I Loved Ultimate Destruction and was hoping for an updated version with better graphics for the PC (as UD was sadly never released for the PC, i had to play it on my friends xbox). That game was one of the best movie games EVER. and what do i get with this new one, total crap.

WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU MORONS THINKING!!!!? do you think we are so stupid we cant tell that you used ps3 and 360 screenshots to promote the pc game on pc gaming sites!? I have half a mind to start a class action lawsuit for false advertising....

I am giving you ONE chance to fix this with a new port or patch or watever you need to do to get the graphics/physics and gameplay up to par because after IRON MAN and this piece of total trash I will NEVER buy another sega title EVER. you deserve to go out of business if this is how you are going to treat your customers.

I was planning on buying several copies of this game for my game center but after this i wont even buy it for my 8 (count em 8!!!) xbox consols just because you dont deserve my business.

Seriously if you cant even approach the quality of gameplay of spiderman 3 for the PC just dont even bother.....

....god im so :):):):)ed off.....

Operating System: Vista 64 Bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz
    RAM: 4 Gig
    Video Card: Radeon X1650 Series 512MB

I am personally very disappointed about what I saw when I started playing. The graphics were absolutely horrible and looked NOTHING like what they did in the screens shots and trailers. I soon discovered that the next-gen graphics were for Xbox 360 and PS3 only. I was very disappointed to find this out, and I felt as if I were scammed.

I know there are hundreds of other PC gamers out there who don't know how to send a complaint to SEGA, and they just consider it a scam.

Unless this is fixed sometime soon, SEGA has lost ALL my business.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro 32bit
    Processor speed (optional): Intel Conroe E6600 overclocked to 3.2ghz
    Ram (optional): 4gb (max of 3.2 due to 32bit O/S)
    Video Card (optional): Vvikoo 8800GT 1gb
    Feedback about the product: As follows

I joined this forum purely to post my comments on this game and my experiences with it so far.

I've been a PC hardware reviewer for over 2 years now, so would consider myself reasonably fair when allocating feedback to a piece of equipment, software or game. That said, there are some pretty awful aspects of this title.

However, first, the positives. The free roaming environment is great, and I love the way you move around the city. The climbing of buildings feels especially fluid. However, apart from the "cool factor" of some of the fight moves, this is where the praise stops.

Missions are so so most of the time, and conform to the usual "go here, kill them, pick up that, bring it back." Those kind of things I can live with as they become slightly more interesting because you're doing them as the Hulk. That's why most people will buy/bought this game, to do cool stuff with the hulk.

What I consider an incredible let down were the visuals and audio, two staples of any game. Now I am of the firm belief that "Graphics do not a good game make," they are however what gives you your first impression of the title, and seriously reduce the "cool stuff with the Hulk" part of the game, as it's supposed to look awesome. And I use that word specifically, as the Hulk is awesome in his might; we want to see that.

What I was greeted with when I began the game for the first time, was an incredibly outdated looking title, with graphics that I would associate with a 2004 or earlier title. There are no shadows on any buildings, limited shadows on objects and/or people. Building's look completely flat with all shop fronts being simply textures with no 3d aspect to them at all. Even the textures of said buildings seem low resolution, with them appearing blurry up close. Vehicles, as have been previously stated aren't varied much and some seem very common; I know it's supposed to be New York, but do we need that many taxis? Draw distance is a slight problem, things do "pop into view" occasionaly, but my real problem is with the "blue fog." I understand the reasoning for this, but it absolutely kills the visuals of the game; it kills them dead. I have climbed all 3 highest buildings in the city, and got to the top of each, hoping to look out on the city; instead all I could see in every direction was the blue fog. What a complete let down.

Elsewhere in the city, especially around the coast, there are huge expanses of nothing. Just green grass (I assume, as there are no grass objects, just a green floor texture), a few trees and that's it. Looking towards the sea from the point offers the poorest visuals in any game I have played in recent years. At your feet is what effectively is a green carpet, and in front of you is a slight drop to what is nearly a static water texture, followed in the distance by a blue fog.

Speaking of green carpet, why does the ground not change at all throughout the entire city? Where are the hills, the dips, the briges, the railway tracks? The only places the ground actually really changes in height is when there is some sort of pavement. Speaking of which, why is it the hulk can ram his way through cars, trucks etc. while spriting, but he is dumfounded by a slight increase in pavement height. He will sprint on the spot forever if you let him, never managing to simply step over the obstacle infront of him.

Again looking at the buildings, the designs seem completely random. Earlier today I found myself in an alcove of sorts, between 4 buildings. On each one, the windowed texture of the buildings continued under the platform I was standing on. If we took this to be a real building, it would mean the architech had windows built against a brick wall.

I have other complaints that fall into similar categories:

1:Hitting any of the rooves that are at an angle produces no visible damage.
    2estroyed buildings look simply awful. Why are all those huge buildings simply dissapearing into the ground. Where's the dust, where's the debris? Don't tell me a skyscraper simply leaves behind 4 steel girders and a few pieces of concrete? Also, why does no one care unless I reach a certain wanted level?
    3: It's great that you can pick up objects, but their physics is awful. They just bounce around like beach balls. Also, why when I try to pick up a tree, do I walk away with a splinter with the rest of the tree practically disapearing?
    4: Sometimes when I stand still while destroying a building, the rubble texture will simply appear above me, leaving me visibly stuck under the rubble, but perfectly capable of jumping through it. I'm unable to stand on it though.
    5: When fighting on a building that is destroyed, a knocked down appoonent will remain at his current height and standup, mid air, even if the building was destroyed beneath him. He will then fall once he's righted himself.
    6: Pedestrians seem to be made from just 3 or 4 models, and they walk in groups of up to 5 and 6 at a time, making it incredibly obvious. Apart from them, the streets are empty. This is supposed to be New York, it's supposed to teem with people.

In regards to the audio, it seems non-existant at times. There's no music when you're not in a mission or in trouble with the cops, army or otherwise. Dialogue is much quieter than ingame sounds and some ingame explosions and attacks are far too loud.

In regards to gameplay I have a few complaints also.

1: Why does the Hulk fly through the air (sending you much further than a standard jump) when you do a standard punch mid-air, only to flail his arms and fall once the attack is completed?
    2: When throwing an item mid-air, why does Hulk freeze for a second like he's in a cartoon?
    3: The military and anyone else that attacks you once your wanted levels rises are too easy to defeat. They just send the same APC and men over and over again. With the healing ability, fighting them can be kept up indefinately. Especially once you can make the cars into make-shift knuckle dusters. That said, why when I reach wanted level 4 does it continue to rise, but not increase above 4, what's the point?
    4: The variety of attacks is a little limiting. Where's the kick that we saw in the movie? I'm sure many people wanted to show Emil that, that's "not all we've got."
    5: Sprinting seems too fast. The Hulk's main movement should be his jumping, but once you have this, it seems quicker just to run everwhere and jump over the occasionaly building. Also, the collision box around Hulk when sprinting is far too big. He knocks over pilons and cars with easily a CM of screen space between him and the object. It's very obvious he's not touching it when it happens.

And finally, something that probably could have alleviated many of these problems:

1: Where is the graphical adjustment settings page? I own a 450 monitor, I want to use it. If I'd wanted to play at lower resolutions with lower detail settings I'd have got the Xbox version. The whole reason for a PC version of a console game is A: For those without the console, and B: For those with expensive PCs that can afford to push the settings all the way and want to see it.

That said... I've enjoyed playing this game. The basics of jumping around the city and exploring are great fun. I just wish it looked better when I did it. I was really looking forward to the view from the top of Stark Tower .

Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 2
    Processor speed (optional): 3.00Ghz
    Ram (optional): 2gb DDR2
    Video Card (optional): nVidia Geforce 256mb 8600GTS
    Feedback about the product: I got this game a couple of days ago and if there was only one word i had to describe the PC version of this game it would just simply be Appalling, i feel conned, cheated, ripped-off and lied to. Perhaps it's just pure hope that drives me to this theory, but my theory is, that because they do not want to loose sales they have made the Graphics for this game terrible for the time being because this game isn't released in Europe yet for PC and maybe they thought that if they made it bad quality before it was released in Europe it would make people who live there think twice about pirating the game before it is released. I don't think for one second that SEGA would just leave us with this poor excuse of a Hulk game i really do hope that they are working on something that will fix this games issues.

I recently purcahsed the game for the pc. In hopes of playing it. The graphics seem fair enough when I load it and such. But I have one issue. And I am not sure if anyone else has had this isse, even though I have seen the posts of freeze ups.
    My lock-up/Freeze only happens when I move the mouse. If I don't move the mouse at all. The game is fine if I don't move the mouse, the instant I move it, it freezes right on the spot.
    This is what I am running currently for a PC.

Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs)
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 320 GB Total
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [8C00]
    Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Extreme Gamer
    Keyboard: ZBoard
    Mouse: Logitech USB G3 (MX51 Optical Mouse
    Mouse Surface: Generic Pad
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Processor speed (optional): Intel Core Duo processor, each core clocked at 2.7ghz
    Ram (optional): 4 gigabytes of RAM
    Video card (optional): Geforce 8600GTS

Needless to say, I'm absolutely appalled with the graphics quality of this game. I was expecting a graphical port of the 360/PS3 game, not a port of the PS2 game. We have all shown our computers are more than capable of running the superior version, or at least an enhanced version via an upgrade patch. Why we were given a disgusting, ugly version is beyond my comprehension. This game runs at about 175FPS on my computer if I have vsync off and 16x Anisotropic Filtering, just to be silly. The streets are barren, and there's no variety in the cars. Everything is a taxi.

There's NO excuse for this game looking so terrible. What's worse, we didn't even get any options. I'd have been mildly content if we at least were allowed to increase particle counts and increase the draw distance drastically, but combine the horrendous amount of thick fog, the fact that if cars are blowing up at the same time that a building is crumbling, the cars make no explosion whatsoever, and the sheer quality (or lack thereof) of all the texturing in the entire game, and none of the pretty bells and whistles that added to the atmosphere (like that great specular-shaded Hulk we saw on the superior versions) and I'm extremely unhappy. The only other real huge issue was the game camera was constantly forcing me into a locked view while I attempted to rotate it myself, resulting in very wobbly and choppy movements as I struggled against it.

I sincerely hope that, at the BARE MINIMUM, Sega pushes for a patch as soon as possible to allow us to enhance the draw distance, because the game is an eyesore and a downright insult to PC gamers. There is just absolutely no excuse for this game's current state.

Thank you to anyone at the development team who takes this seriously. You could gain some loyal customers here if you took some time to address these mistakes, and on the flip side, you could turn off a lot of people from buying Sega/Edge of Reality products again if you choose to ignore them.

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 2.2GHz
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7600gt 256mb RAM

Using the PC version. I haven't had any problems with speed or gameplay in general just the total inability to transform Banner to hulk during the fall in the "get the Cure/Take the Cure/whatever the Cure" sub-mission. it is not humanly possible to hit the buttons fast enough. And isn't the ability to hit buttons fast kinda dumb to put in a game in 2008? seriously. seems like an easy fix though. Overall i do enjoy the game, sure graphics could be 100% better. I have no sound issues at all (i actually like to crank it up a bit - got 400 watt surround sound). I just want to finish this bad boy up!

Default Incredible Hulk

Windows Vista Ultimate
    2.8GHz Dell 4600
    2.25GB Memory
    ATI Vision Tek Radeon HD2400 Pro AGP

Before I start, if you pay attention my machine is much lower end than the so called gamers who think they know it all. Also by the way considered the worst Dell put out.

I don't know what the other gamers out there have for a bug up their tale ends but the game plays fine for me. I have no problems at any resolution or freeze ups of any kind. No mapping problems at all. I'm not disappointed in the Incredible Hulk one bit other than the most important thing those other morons keep neglecting to mention. Other than smooth everything I have a serious problem with not being able to use any game controller. I have several 12 button windows compatible gamepads which you claim should work. Not one works.

I would like to have the same ability to play as the crappy console games of which I don't like because you are limited with them. Consoles are not the most important of media entertainment. They are also too much money for junk.

I agree that Sega should give the same attention to PC games in that they should do what they claim. I didn't get the game to play with a keyboard. If I wanted that I would have stayed with typing games. I bought the game because I like the Hulk and it claims to allow gamepad use.

I think above all else you need to fix the controller problem first. To hell with the other complaints you are getting from morons who don't know how to configure their computers or can't take into account that maybe they have too much running on their systems to run the game smoothly. In their case most likely they have a software conflict causing problems. They need to learn more about how to fix the problems before coming on here and complaining about things because they are angry.

The hardware problem is most important before any other because you promised that the game works which it doesn't with any controller.

One last thing before I sign off is that you need to post a compatibility list to allow everyone to see what problem they may have.

I thank you for putting this game out but please fix the controller issue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast