Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miyamoto hate Sega games! (or not...)

Sega gets just as much leeway like Namco did when they both joined forces with nintendo for the tri Force thing. i wouldn't say sega has more leway just because they're sega but MARIO AND SONIC pretty much made them more important recently.

Anyway miyamoto when advising Amusement Vision on F Zero had a big bust up with Nagoshi with the way the game was headed. So i don't think he's necessarly a big fan of Sega and their work ethics as such. Although he and naka are good freinds apparently.
    If you are into Sony,Then you are not my freind!
    Sega or no Sega at all! Wimps and Posers! Leave the Hall!

yeah like Shadow said...he wasn't bagging on Sega

@ Revenge of Joe Mushashi

I believe the Mario And Sonic game was for Sega to tell the world they are still up and going
    <a href=http://forums.sega.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7056&dateline=1282944287 target=_blank>http://forums.sega.com/image.php?typ...ine=1282944287</a>

Anyway miyamoto when advising Amusement Vision on F Zero had a big bust up with Nagoshi with the way the game was headed.
    If he did that then Miyamoto's even a bigger idiot than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic69
    yeah like Shadow said...he wasn't bagging on Sega

@ Revenge of Joe Mushashi

I believe the Mario And Sonic game was for Sega to tell the world they are still up and going
    The problem is that certain people are making out it took Mario to save Sega because of the mis information about their current finanicial affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend
    Anyway miyamoto when advising Amusement Vision on F Zero had a big bust up with Nagoshi with the way the game was headed.
    If he did that then Miyamoto's even a bigger idiot than I thought.
    It was aluded to officially in an interview over at SOJ's Sega voice at the time. They said minor disagreements but of course it was bigger than that. Not suprising really because Nagoshi's style is undeniably too Sega to fit with Miyamoto's style even though FZero is the type of game that does lend it self to a competitive arcade style.

The problem is that certain people are making out it took Mario to save Sega because of the mis information about their current finanicial affairs.
    Erm....there's no mis-information, dude, unless you're implying that Sega-Sammy's lying to the industry. They aren't in a great financial situation now. Mario and Sonic single-handedly saved their @$$es because without it I don't even want to imagine how far this company would be in the red.

Not suprising really because Nagoshi's style is undeniably too Sega to fit with Miyamoto's style even though FZero is the type of game that does lend it self to a competitive arcade style.
    But that's where I find it hard to believe because F-Zero GX was pretty much exactly like F-Zero X, which was developed internally at Nintendo. Nagoshi didn't really do anything to push the game in a different direction.

[quote="ShadowLegend"]
    Erm....there's no mis-information, dude, unless you're implying that Sega-Sammy's lying to the industry. They aren't in a great financial situation now. Mario and Sonic single-handedly saved their @$$es because without it I don't even want to imagine how far this company would be in the red.
    Yeah a game that sold only 4 million copies can keep a $10.4 Billion dollar company from the red all by it self. 1 Sammy lost the money not Sega. 2 The ammount of money sammy managed to gain still put a lot of companies to shame. The reason its bad because they were expecting more than they made. 3 All of Sega's assets met their expectations.

Not suprising really because Nagoshi's style is undeniably too Sega to fit with Miyamoto's style even though FZero is the type of game that does lend it self to a competitive arcade style.
    But that's where I find it hard to believe because F-Zero GX was pretty much exactly like F-Zero X, which was developed internally at Nintendo. Nagoshi didn't really do anything to push the game in a different direction
    Both FZero GX and AX was made by amusement vision and just because the final result is similar to F zero X doesn't mean that was what everyone wanted. Lots of games especially if they have big video game producers behind them can have tons of arguments in what the game should or shouldn't have and what style it should take and so on. Considering that Nintendo was ultimatly the client they obviously would get the game they wanted.

1 Sammy lost the money not Sega.
    And nobody's saying otherwise, but they're 1 company now and when they lose money, they lose money. It doesn't matter from which half.

And if F-Zero GX was the result of Nintendo's interference then I'm glad they did because it was an incredible game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend
    1 Sammy lost the money not Sega.
    And nobody's saying otherwise, but they're 1 company now and when they lose money, they lose money. It doesn't matter from which half.

And if F-Zero GX was the result of Nintendo's interference then I'm glad they did because it was an incredible game.
    If only the managers at SEGA Sammy where smart enough to shut down or least temporalry suspend all operations of sammy than the company would be raking in doe from SEGA and SEGA toys.

sammy the main cuase of all the problems withni the holdings company... they could just shut it down until the gambling machines became in demand again in japan. but we all know they wont do that!

That's because Sammy was the dominant party in the merger. (Or at least its president was the dominant one...)

Banned

Or they could scale down the division till its profitable enough.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast