Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About Sonic X on Cartoon Network

Senior Member Justin Summerville's Avatar

Default About Sonic X on Cartoon Network

I know that this subject has been brought up before, but despite being (presently) discontinued, is there any reason why Sonic X would not be transferred and co-broadcast on Cartoon Network? They did it with One Piece; of course that's still going on, but I don't see any reason why not. I have my theories, though (if you want to hear them, I'll tell you).

Still, does it have a chance of seeing itself on CN's lineup, particularly the Toonami block? I think that a video game adaption would be quite popular over there - if the majority of fans are content with the portrayal of the characters in the games (like in terms of acting), then they probably won't make such a fuss over this show, either.

What do you think?

Unless it gets dubbed by a company other than ****ing 4kids, I won't even watch it. Besides, Cartoon Network sucks anyway.
    As the Angel screams, may the Devil cry!

Ah...CN haven't bought the rights to Sonic X, so no.

In Britain, Sonic X is shown on Jetix, which is a division of Disney, I believe.

Edit: As I thought...Disney bought Jetix (was called Fox Kids) in 2002. That would make it equal to Toon Disney or CineMagic or one of their other channels (except the fact there are less Disney shows on it).
    The Sega West forum's resident reptilian analyst/fangirl saying "Seriously, if I couldn't get any more than that in Generations, he's never coming back".

Character Researcher, Logistical, Obsessed.

4kids kinda just dumped One Piece on Cartoon Network or something. I see no reason to move it since it seems to be doing fine on it's current block.

Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper
    4kids kinda just dumped One Piece on Cartoon Network or something. I see no reason to move it since it seems to be doing fine on it's current block.
    What block? lol It hasn't shown for months. Well, at least where I live. XD
    "Who's in the bread box kicking out dough? Owl is in the bread box kicking out dough~"

Well I don't know where you live but they show it every morning on their 4kids block.

Senior Member Crystal Chaotix 3's Avatar

4kids doesn't own the rights to One Piece anymore. Funimation has been doing a re-dub of it so it shouldn't be on a 4kids block anymore.

I wish Funi could've taken Sonic X in too. It would've saved us a lot of horrible puns and cheesy music.
    Favorite Characters: 1st Place: Dr. Eggman, 2nd Place: Charmy Bee, 3rd Place: Vector the Crocodile, 4th Place: E-123 Omega, 5th Place: Miles "Tails" Prower, 6th Place: Sonic the Hedgehog 7th Place: Rouge the Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chaotix 3
    4kids doesn't own the rights to One Piece anymore. Funimation has been doing a re-dub of it so it shouldn't be on a 4kids block anymore.

I wish Funi could've taken Sonic X in too. It would've saved us a lot of horrible puns and cheesy music.
    I know that. I wasn't talking about One Piece. I don't see why they would they would want Sonic X, the dub it got was fine, considering the quality of the show and the age it's aimed for both in the US and in it's country of origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur-Rulz
    Ah...CN haven't bought the rights to Sonic X, so no.

In Britain, Sonic X is shown on Jetix, which is a division of Disney, I believe.

Edit: As I thought...Disney bought Jetix (was called Fox Kids) in 2002. That would make it equal to Toon Disney or CineMagic or one of their other channels (except the fact there are less Disney shows on it).
    I don't think even the UK shows it now, unless it's on a graveyard slot, Jetix advertises it as one of their products though.

Senior Member Crystal Chaotix 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chaotix 3

I know that. I wasn't talking about One Piece. I don't see why they would they would want Sonic X, the dub it got was fine, considering the quality of the show and the age it's aimed for both in the US and in it's country of origin.
    You think changing the plot devices and cutting out scenes makes for a 'fine' dub? Well I guess it's too late now.

I know it's aimed for kids but if they left it the way it was in the Japanese Version minus the blood and cursing and gave it a script that didn't seem cheesy to even the smallest of children then maybe the dub could've been a lot more 'watchable'.

Your opinion on the quality stems from a matter of taste. I'm probably just speaking for myself but I'd rather watch Sonic X then SatAM and Underground.
    Favorite Characters: 1st Place: Dr. Eggman, 2nd Place: Charmy Bee, 3rd Place: Vector the Crocodile, 4th Place: E-123 Omega, 5th Place: Miles "Tails" Prower, 6th Place: Sonic the Hedgehog 7th Place: Rouge the Bat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast