Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic Mania needs a anime

Quote Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
    Wouldn't that make the game cut scenes feel less special? It's like if Sonic CD's intro was turned into a cartoon.
    Isn't this what pretty much lead to the two-part Sonic OVA? As far as I recall I don't think anyone ever complained about it nor did it undermined in any way the animation of CD's intro which IMO was still slightly better done than that of the OVA in a similar way to how OVA's feature better animation that full TV shows.

I woukd not mind and actually prefer if such a project in the future were to consist of something between 3 to 5 episodes max just for both the story and animation to be consistently focused and of the best possible quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

We need an anime for the Classics in general, like the Netflix Castlevania series

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFest View Post
    The cutscenes they made for the game on YouTube needs a anime because the style looks like the 90s, when cartoons were good. Also, the personality’s for sonic, tails, and knuckles are good. If they made a anime like the cutscenes, I would actually watch it. Sega, please do this.
    An anime is just a cartoon made in Japan. A new Sonic cartoon with Mania's opening art style would be nice, but it doesn't have to be made in Japan at all. Mania's animated cutscenes weren't even made in Japan. If you're actually asking for a conventional Sonic anime (conventional as in, airs in Japan) with Sonic Mania's cutscene art style, probably not gonna happen. Sonic has never been that popular in Japan, and let's not forget how unpopular Sonic X, the last Sonic anime, was there.

Honestly, we're probably not gonna get another Sonic cartoon for a while. Sonic Boom's ratings have plummeted and the show will probably end this fall; I doubt they're gonna want to do another Sonic cartoon anytime soon.
    proud business owner

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    An anime is just a cartoon made in Japan. A new Sonic cartoon with Mania's opening art style would be nice, but it doesn't have to be made in Japan at all. Mania's animated cutscenes weren't even made in Japan. If you're actually asking for a conventional Sonic anime (conventional as in, airs in Japan) with Sonic Mania's cutscene art style, probably not gonna happen. Sonic has never been that popular in Japan, and let's not forget how unpopular Sonic X, the last Sonic anime, was there.

Honestly, we're probably not gonna get another Sonic cartoon for a while. Sonic Boom's ratings have plummeted and the show will probably end this fall; I doubt they're gonna want to do another Sonic cartoon anytime soon.
    The ratings aren't bad because people don't like the show, they're bad because Cartoon Network treats most of their acquired cartoons abysmally. Them airing it in the early morning on a Saturday didn't help, but they moved it to Boomerang, which most people don't watch, or have.

If they want to do another anime, they could just not just air it in Japan, and air it on one of the two other children's networks that aren't CN.

But it'll probably be another ten years before they make a new cartoon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapido Azule View Post
    The ratings aren't bad because people don't like the show, they're bad because Cartoon Network treats most of their acquired cartoons abysmally. Them airing it in the early morning on a Saturday didn't help, but they moved it to Boomerang, which most people don't watch, or have.
    Touche lol.

If they want to do another anime, they could just not just air it in Japan, and air it on one of the two other children's networks that aren't CN.
    But what's the point of having Japan specifically be the ones to make it? If the goal is to be like Sonic Mania's opening animation, it can easily be made somewhere else.
    proud business owner

It would be cool to see. Maybe not necessarily Mania but just the series in general from the same animation team.

i will design it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12