Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yakuza Fatigue

Default Yakuza Fatigue

Anyone experiencing this?

After Yakuza 6 left a sort of bitter taste in my mouth(story-wise), and I'm skipping Kiwami for now since I've already
    played it in japanese, I feel sort of blasť about the series future. A lot of that has to do with Yakuza 6 and
    we all know Kiryu is done now. I could well be swayed by a new protagonist but for now it feels like the air has
    been sucked out a bit.
    I am interested in Kiwami 2 if that happens but skeptical about Yakuza 7.

I know most people are on a high now after Yakuza 0, but for me it feels a bit more like it's waning a bit.

Don't get me wrong though, no game in the series has been bad yet and I still enjoy replaying most of the
    games every now and then, but for me when it comes to a series there's this certain period when I lap up everything
    and am sort "in love" with it, like I was with Resident Evil up to 5 for instance. For me the really golden time with
    Yakuza was 1- Dead Souls, after that I sort of sobered up? I still like all the games a lot but still the honeymoon
    has sort of passed...

I think it's the best time to be Yakuza fan. I'm waiting for anything Nagoshi's studio will make. New entry, spin-offs, remakes, collections - I'll buy them for sure.

Personally I can't wait for Saturdays announcement of "new titles", Kiwami next week then 6 in March. Great days ahead for me!

When i have felt similar fatigue for a franchise i take a vacation from it so to speak. Not think about it at all. Then later return to it with fresh eyes. When it comes to yakuza, im excited to get to play as kiryu once more
    Last edited by ArcAngelus3; 08-24-2017 at 05:03 AM.

While I haven't played Y6 or Kiwami, I know what you mean and got the same feeling after Y5. Even though I really enjoyed that game, it was instilling that feeling of "been there, done that".

But then Y0 happened and my love for the series reached an all time high, simply because how much of an improvement that game was. It exactly what the series needed, expanded greatly on the combat, with 8 combat styles and 4 that you can switch between on the fly, making the combat all the more interesting, fun, varied and exciting. And with 60 fps made it better still.

I'm really looking forward to Kiwami, even though it removes 4 of the combat styles. Y6 does seem a bit of a disappointment though, no ultimate skill, no coliseum, only 1 combat style and 30 fps.

after like 4 years or so with nothing?
    nahhhhhhh. take your time, we're getting 2 games a year for like 2 years, and half of that is remakes anyway. im admittedly sitting on Ishin until a dryer season (plus i like giving KHH subs more time for his awesome work) but we went from famine to feast, no complaints here

Well I do admit after the disaster that was Yakuza 6 I was hit with Fatigue..... HOWEVER I am still hopeful that Yakuza 7 will make up for it and that the new protagonist will be worthy.

However if the Kiwami 2 having the same engine as Yakuza 6 rumor is true than honestly I'm a little scared for that, but still hopeful.....Honestly if both of these end up disappointing me than this will probably be it for me in the MAIN series.

Spin offs always get a pass from me

Games are mostly the same nowadays. I can't believe most game companies are ripping off Ubisoft! There isn't much to keep me interested in the PS4 generation other than Yakuza. Probably has something to do with being there since it first came out. It's like watching your favorite boxer since they were in the amateurs. I like picking up the nuances in combat, and I can honestly say that I'm having fun 90% of the time I'm playing Yakuza games.

Being tired of something is not new or surprising. I truly believe that, as the old saying goes , too much of anything is no good. By the time Metal Gear solid 5 came out, I was thinking "yeah Ive had my fill of this series and want to see something totally new". And that was my favorite game series. There has been a new Yakuza game in some form every 1-2 years now. I actually was burnt out on the series after playing the 4th one. Loved it but thought , "ok that's enough". Didn't play 5 till a year after it came out and haven't played zero yet. Make something else already. I loved Zelda botw and it was the best game I played in 10 years, but I don't want a new game for at least 2-3 years. I like balance, and I am not hating on the people that play all the Yakuzas but I wonder how people don't get tired of it, no matter how good it is....
    Playing some excellent Shmups on the Saturn!!

When it's a new Yakuza game, I never get fatigue. Even Kiwami is fresh enough for me that I don't get it even though I played the 1st one numerous times.

The only time I get fatique in this series personally is when I replay the games from 1-5 and try to do all the sub stories. That gets really tiring haha....so I sometime just play through the story only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast