Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yakuza Fatigue

I'm starting to get tired of Yakuza to be honest, but then again, I've been playing them since the beginning over a decade ago. I suspect Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be the last Yakuza game I buy in quite some time. I probably need a good break from the series after that.

Y5 was disappointing for me, I thought the story was really weak, and from what I've read it seems like Y6 follow the same path with a boring story. So I guess I just keep 0-2 on the PS4 and are happy with those. I do have Y6 After Hours Edition pre-ordered already though.
    Signatures sucks, especially signature images. Which is why I have them off, so I never see the blasted things.

Yakuza 6 was the biggest disappointment to me and has begun to play a part in my Yakuza Fatigue. Kiwami brought me right back on the happy path and I'm hoping Kiwami 2 will keep that going. However Kiwami 2 would appear to be using the Yakuza 6 engine including going with Kiryu's model from that game which is a TERRIBLE idea. If Kiwami 2 turns out to be a disappointment then that'll probably be it for me....I'll get the spin offs no problem but once I try out the next Yakuza game in the main canon without Kiryu as the main character and if that fails to give me a spark then I'll most likely finally be done.

I think now is the best time to be engaged with series due to the constant release of Yakuza games. To be honest when I started to stop importing the Japanese copy and just wait for the localized release got more engaged with the series again.
    Last edited by xxelitethugxx; 09-11-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Avatar = my Yakuza/ Ryu Ga gotoku collection.
    I wish that I could change my profile name.

i mean...you don't gotta buy everything a launch

5's story was a mess but man, what an enjoyable game with all those cities & such. bummed to hear 6 didn't do it for some here, but 4 is about the series' peak for me, though i cannot wait till kiwami 2.

Yakuza 5 is probably one of my favourite and was a beast of a game content-wise, the Sega's Skyrim lol.
    The story was enjoyable too, I find Yakuza 4 more forced...

Probably after Kiwami 2 (that would be another beast thanks to the Dragon Engine ) I'll probably take a break too, especially if the series continue with the ugly Ichiban (also known as the poor version of Kiryu) protagonist and still the Kamurocho/yakuza setting.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Dead Souls got me to that point, I still have yet to finish that game lol especially since it came out right after 4 (which is one of my all time favorites in the series.) But 0/Kiwami have sparked my interest again. What really helped me was going back and playing the first 2 games again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12