Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New protagonist moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    That's my fear, Kazuma Kiryu is a character born also thanks to a professional novelist, Seishu Hase (no wonder Yakuza 1 and 2 has the best stories in the series).
    Have to disagree. Y0 beats them both, playing Kiwami after Y0 makes it clear beyond doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Have to disagree. Y0 beats them both, playing Kiwami after Y0 makes it clear beyond doubt.
    Yakuza 0 was very good probably because it was a prequel of an great story (Y1)
    Write a background story for a prequel is maybe easier than evolving characters with sequels.

Who knows if Y0 also had a ghost writers like Diceman suggest, the difference with the other stories by Yokoyama is too big...
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    Yakuza 0 was very good probably because it was a prequel of an great story (Y1)
    Write a background story for a prequel is maybe easier than evolving characters with sequels.

Who knows if Y0 also had a ghost writers like Diceman suggest, the difference with the other stories by Yokoyama is too big...
    Yokoyama isn't all bad...
    Sure I don't appreciate rubber bullets, the stand off in Y5 and other things BUT Yakuza 3?! This was something else.
    Love everything about it.
    The new setting, substories (murder at cafe alps), Hitman sidequests, Mine, Daigo...the whole thing is superb

Quote Originally Posted by junkpile View Post
    Yokoyama isn't all bad...
    Sure I don't appreciate rubber bullets, the stand off in Y5 and other things BUT Yakuza 3?! This was something else.
    Love everything about it.
    The new setting, substories (murder at cafe alps), Hitman sidequests, Mine, Daigo...the whole thing is superb
    I don't like what he've done with Yakuza 6, the end of Kazuma is one of the worst Yakuza for me, it's the worst.

As for the new protagonist, I don't really like him, his background is almost a copy of Kazzie and he look like a FF character xD

So yeah, I will surely try Shin Yakuza but I think it's the end of Yakuza for me, and I would have prefer it would have ended with Y5.

I dunnon how they gonna title Shin Yakuza for us BTW ? It won't be Yakuza this time.

I heard Yokoyama hinted that Kiryu might be back in some form in Shin Yakuza, among other characters like Saejima and Majima because they might still be in the Tojo clan. In terms of gameplay these guys to me are sitting at the throne of beat em up games, nobody comes close to them in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    I heard Yokoyama hinted that Kiryu might be back in some form in Shin Yakuza, among other characters like Saejima and Majima because they might still be in the Tojo clan. In terms of gameplay these guys to me are sitting at the throne of beat em up games, nobody comes close to them in that regard.
    That's what I was saying, if Kiryu, Majima and Saejima will return together with the Tojo, Kamurocho etc. what's the point of Kazzy retirement?

Make Kazuma retire should serve only to offer something brand new, not a poor man copy of what we already experienced.
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Simple: evolve or die. The series is expanding, and we still have Kiwami 2. I personally think they should redesign Ichiban but we were introduced to cool new protagonists before so I hope it will be great. There's a different energy from the team when they were in TGS. I think they had to retire Kiryu and they had to make it final.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123