Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think Sonic comics in 2018 will be better ?

Not yet. Given the midnight years of Archie, Flynn's Boom fiasco (or is it Freiberger's fault?), and how IDW's Skylanders and Angy Birds comics are like (a bunch of soulless licensed product comics that refuse to even try to be anything more worthwhile)...
    Last edited by Miru; 09-04-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Fiasco? I don't recall any sort of fiasco occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Operationgamer17 View Post
    Fiasco? I don't recall any sort of fiasco occurring.
    Figurative, not literal. His episodes were horrid.

I want Sally Acorn and maybe the rest of the Freedom Fighters to be part of the 2018 IDW Sonic the Hedgehog comic book relauch!

Of course it will be better.

Finally we're getting a proper comic that focuses on Sonic and the game characters, as it should had been so many years along instead of being what was basically propaganda to retain characters from a dead cartoon that was cancelled 20+ years ago thanks to a group of people who didn't know when to let go. Long gone is all the baggage and dead weight that came with the restrictive setting from the old comic and the freedom fighters groups that were there only to accomodate the non-game cast at the expense of the game ones who were turned into part of some assemble, with the same generic goal of saving the world instead of being individuals with their own unique goals that become involved in all kinds of adventures instead of just this one war against Eggman that was never going to get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post

Finally we're getting a proper comic that focuses on Sonic and the game characters, as it should had been so many years along instead of being what was basically propaganda to retain characters from a dead cartoon that was cancelled 20+ years ago thanks to a group of people who didn't know when to let go. Long gone is all the baggage and dead weight that came with the restrictive setting from the old comic and the freedom fighters groups that were there only to accomodate the non-game cast at the expense of the game ones who were turned into part of some assemble, with the same generic goal of saving the world instead of being individuals with their own unique goals that become involved in all kinds of adventures instead of just this one war against Eggman that was never going to get solved.
    It's obvious that I do have some bias on this subject, but honestly, I don't understand this mindset of you people. You guys prefer to put the blame of the post-reboot's problems to the presence of some fictional characters instead of the writer, or perhaps the editor.

This "baggage of the past" was already non-existant in the post-reboot, everything Boilers and Penders created and wrote were simply not there anymore. And the presence of the FF's were only a thing because the writer had insisted so much on it.

Flynn's mania of creating teams and delivering non-existant interactions won't dissapear just because a few characters are gone.
    Your actions speak so loudly that I cannot hear what you're saying.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post

Maybe IDW can make a second comic calling it SONIC SATURDAY AM 1993 which includes Sally Acorn and the Freedom Fighters in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12