Thread: Do you think a new Sonic Cartoon similar to Sonic X would be a good-bad idea?

Default Do you think a new Sonic Cartoon similar to Sonic X would be a good-bad idea?

I know that the most recent Sonic cartoon we have is Sonic Boom,but a thought crossed my mind,would it be a great idea if there was another Sonic cartoon similar to how Sonic X was?,or should this idea better rest in peace?.I understand that Sonic X had some flaws (like Chris lol) but I liked a lot this anime the day it first aired and made me wonder how do you guys think about this.

Could be a great idea or a horrible idea depending on how well they execute it. That's really all it comes down to on this one. If it's a good show, it's a good idea. If it's a bad show, it's a bad idea. Should have more comedy tho too imo

Luckily 4kids went bankrupt too, so that takes them out of a possible equation.

SatAM season 3

Define "similar to Sonic X". A show with a similar story to Sonic X, meaning the dumb human characters and villain of the week writing? I'll pass, lol.

A Sonic anime in general? As long as it doesn't air in Japan (since Sonic isn't popular there), it could work.
    proud business owner

Quote Originally Posted by bruh View Post
    Define "similar to Sonic X". A show with a similar story to Sonic X, meaning the dumb human characters and villain of the week writing? I'll pass, lol.

A Sonic anime in general? As long as it doesn't air in Japan (since Sonic isn't popular there), it could work.
    Well,it does not necessary all elements from Sonic X like humans,if they add that reduce the screen time as minimum as possible,but it would be better to remove them.The anime could have its own story since I don't think they would re-use the beginning of the modern era in the series (Sonic Adventure 1 had its own arc in Sonic X),but adding their own villians exclusive to the anime and maybe add a few villians we already know from the games would be good to me.And regarding the cast..maybe keep the original Sonic X cast with the exclusion of Big because I heard rumors that he would never appear in the franchise and obviously Chris.The reason why I said the original Sonic X cast is because I felt confortable with how all of the characters were managed and their interactions between them and don't feel a lot necessary the inclusion of the most recent ones,but adding new characters to the anime would be ok,just as long as they keep their backstory and making them useful.

In general,yes, a new Sonic anime in general with some changes from the X series.

I don't like Sonic being in in anime it doesn't fit with Sonic style , anime = humans included just like Sonic X show
    I prefer 3d like Sonic Boom or cartoon similar to Satam style but not anime .

Yeah, I think so. I really enjoyed Sonic X. It was based off the video games so you would be familiar with the setting and characters, and the show would be able to have new plots and be able to develop the characters more. And, i'm fine with humans in the show. But I don't want them to be a main character tagging along with Sonic or anything-

I'll also prefer an anime style then a CGI one like they have now, Sonic and his friend's modern designs are inspired off of anime already, so it would not only mesh well, it would look pretty good too.

Like everybody, it depends of what is "like Sonic X".

Personally, I would be all for a new show with the overall french/japan tone of Sonic X (meaning : not something butchered by something like 4Kids), but I would like it better if they ditched the dual world idea, and created a world a bit like the one of the second Archie continuity (I don't mean like that having the FF or such, just the overall idea), with both a human modern civilization, and some mobian zones, in a earth-like world, and with Sonic not being tied in a location, and running around the world and stuff.

They could make some first episode where the idea would be "Sonic get somewhere, help people" that could help to introduce a bit the universe, and focus with time the intrigue to create bigger arcs.

I feel that it could also help the fanbase to heal a bit. Sonic X helped a lot the fanbase to grow, so I think that a new Sonic X could be a great way to have the same again.