View Poll Results: Would you be willing to buy the replica of the golden ring?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, for sure!

6 42.86%
  • Maybe...

5 35.71%
  • Nope.

3 21.43%

Thread: Replica of the golden RING from Sonic games

Default Replica of the golden RING from Sonic games

I would like to request SEGA to make collectible replicas of the golden ring from Sonic.

LOTR has the replica of the One Ring for fans to own.
    Squre-Enix sells those fancy jewelry and accessories from Final Fantasy and other games.

Now I thought it would be totally awesome if Sega makes the rings from Sonic. These rings have a special place in every Sega fanís heart. These rings are even being used as essential items on PlaySEGA. Also it would a nice symbolic way of showing your spirit and support for SEGA, to wear this ring outside.

If you do consider making something like this, please make it HIGH quality with REAL gold (no cheap material please)! Also it would be a good idea to inscribe a tiny SEGA logo on the ring to make it distinguishable from other plain rings.

Default Re: Replica of the golden RING from Sonic games

Quote Originally Posted by bridgezone
    I would like to request SEGA to make collectible replicas of the golden ring from Sonic.

LOTR has the replica of the One Ring for fans to own.
    Squre-Enix sells those fancy jewelry and accessories from Final Fantasy and other games.

Now I thought it would be totally awesome if Sega makes the rings from Sonic. These rings have a special place in every Sega fanís heart. These rings are even being used as essential items on PlaySEGA. Also it would a nice symbolic way of showing your spirit and support for SEGA, to wear this ring outside.

If you do consider making something like this, please make it HIGH quality with REAL gold (no cheap material please)! Also it would be a good idea to inscribe a tiny SEGA logo on the ring to make it distinguishable from other plain rings.
    You want a Golden ring? Go buy a plain wedding band and engrave SEGA on it, Problem solved
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3522/girlpicedit.jpg

Lightning,it flashes bright for a moment than disappears. It can't protect,only destroy.

I guess you could do that but I would like an officially licensed Sega ring that looks exactly like the one from Sonic (but with the logo).

These rings are shaped a little differently than typical rings. The edges are more rounded. Plus they are very shiny. They say Sonic all over when you look at them.

Take a look at the CG version below, don't you just wanna grab them and have them?
    http://www.playsega.com/prizedraws/

Only if they replicate the Chaos Emeralds.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond
    Only if they replicate the Chaos Emeralds.
    that would be amazing
    but it'd be pretty nice to see a fancy official ring... although there really wouldf be not much too it..
    it would suck if it were the size of a regular finger ring... i wouldnt want it. but if it were like 6in. then i would dream of buying it
    \ /
    (ovo)
    (> <)
    Lol... Thats my Rag Rappy

And make it really expensive,and make it so you go out of business!

Nuff said XD

Y'know, the rings that came with the Resaurus Sonic toys are my size, lol. I can actually wear the things.

I want Chaos Emerald candy. I was playing Sonic 2 the other day, damn they look tasty.

Talk about Sega becoming... a jewelry store! Pinball to video games.... to jewelry? No, lol.

When you look at the logo of the Sonic Boom event, you see two rings. SEGA even put a bunch of ring images on the street at the event. It is true that the ring is such an iconic item from the game and a more recognizable item from the game, even by non Sonic fans who have played the game at least once.

When I posted this, I did not at all mean for SEGA to make ridiculously expensive rings or turn into a jewelry specialty store. I just thought MAYBE they can make these rings specially for fans who are interested. But I did mention that they should make it of high quality, like Square-Enix does. If that costs too much at least try to make it look nice.

I also mentioned it should have gold initially but it does seem like that'd be asking too much. So the gold part is not important. Anyway I remember McDonald's had 23K gold plated Pokemon cards for a few dollars back in the day which I still have. So something like that would be nice if possible.

Now that I think about it, this (hypothetical) item doesn't even have to be a finger ring. It would look great as a smaller necklace ring too (unisex). What do you guys think? Seriously how can you not want this?!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3855/streeta.jpg
    Last edited by bridgezone; 06-09-2011 at 03:37 AM.

having a replica ring would be cool. you can get glass paperweights that look just like chaos emeralds (just not officially) on amazon, the gold pokemon cards were at burger king (yes i randomly remembered that but cant recall the main six that i used lol), and finally if its the same that im thinking of, the chaos emerald candy dont really taste that great, they are extremely chalky and not very sour as it says.