Thread: Nintendo comments on SNES mini stock issues; announces NESmini re-production for 2018

Default Nintendo comments on SNES mini stock issues; announces NESmini re-production for 2018

Due to incredible demand for the upcoming Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo plans to ship the retro-inspired product into 2018. Originally, shipments were announced to cease at the end of this calendar year.
    Next summer, Nintendo will also bring back the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system with new shipments. More information about the timing of the return of NES Classic Edition will be announced in the future.
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0912005798/en/

Reggie on the matter:

After the NES Classic was basically impossible to find for many, fans are no doubt wondering what the stock situation will be for the soon-to-launch SNES Classic. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime said in an interview with Financial Times that Nintendo "dramatically increased" production for SNES Classic stock. He advised people not to pay more than the $80 sticker price on auction sites for the console, suggesting the system will be readily available.

When SNES Classic units opened for pre-order, they were hard to find. Some took this as a sign that SNES Classic, like the NES Classic, would be short on supply. However, Fils-Aime said issues with SNES Classic pre-orders were "outside our control" at retailers. He added that for the SNES Classic, supply is not the issue.

"I would strongly urge you not to over-bid on an SNES Classic on any of the auction sites . . . You shouldn't [have to] pay more than $79.99," Fils-Aime said.

As for the NES Classic shortages, Fils-Aime said Nintendo said the company was not holding back stock on purpose to create an artificial scarcity situation. Nintendo did not produce enough units, Fils-Aime said, because the models that Nintendo looked at for retro consoles from other companies apparently showed they might not be very popular.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-article.../1100-6453238/

It's nice (and the right thing to do) that Nintendo is resuming production of the NES Classic, though sucks for those who overpaid for it, lol.

Now Playing: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: Sonic Forces (PS4), Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4), Sonic Mania (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

So much for the NES Classic Edition being a limited edition collector's item. Stupid Nintendo, ruining it for us scalpers. I'd take em to the Woodshed for this act of betrayal.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    It's nice (and the right thing to do) that Nintendo is resuming production of the NES Classic, though sucks for those who overpaid for it, lol.
    And so timely about it too! A year after it came out! And Nintendud wonders why nobody trusts them with stocking the product.
    #1 Final Fantasy character | #1 Nintendo fan | #1 music artist
    "I'm the coolest." óMe
    Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1691-6470-6620

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    So much for the NES Classic Edition being a limited edition collector's item. Stupid Nintendo, ruining it for us scalpers. I'd take em to the Woodshed for this act of betrayal.
    Why not just do what MariotehPlumber did for the ROsalina and Lumas, and Hate-Buy all the Teen Titans Go Packs and Powerpuff Girls Packs, and jack up the prices for those fans of the shows from LEGO Dimensions? Who's to know? They DO come from shows that the Adults who oppose the kids of this generation hate, anyways!
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    Why not just do what MariotehPlumber did for the ROsalina and Lumas, and Hate-Buy all the Teen Titans Go Packs and Powerpuff Girls Packs, and jack up the prices for those fans of the shows from LEGO Dimensions? Who's to know? They DO come from shows that the Adults who oppose the kids of this generation hate, anyways!
    You think I do this alone? I need a pack of wolves like me to get this done.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Sounds like usual bs from reggie in regards the SNES supply issues.

I'll believe it when I see it, talk is cheap.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    You think I do this alone? I need a pack of wolves like me to get this done.
    Yes, but who would WANT to, when even scalpers wouldn't want to do it for Teen Titans Go? They'd be losing money as LEGO Keeps cranking out more of the Team and Fun Packs.
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.